Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

getting parents to move in germany

getting parents to move in germany
Antwort
11.05.09 22:52
i an married to german man since last year. I was wondering, if its possible to bring my parents to live with us here in germany. My parents are old and are pensioners. What are the chances and how do i go about it?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: getting parents to move in germany
Antwort
11.05.09 23:28 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
Yes, you can bring your parents to germany under the following conditions

1. They are completely dependent on you and there is no one else to take care of them.
2. Get an Health insurance in germany(if they want to stay permamently here then travel insurance will not help and they have to get a costly local insurance which may run into thousands of euros per month)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
12.05.09 15:27 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
Hi Raj,

Is this possible for NE holders as well? How can someone prove that the parents are dependent on u? Any ideas how to get a health insurance for them? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Fais
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
12.05.09 17:04 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
Financial dependence is easy to prove but most probably this would be verified by the embassy in your country whether they are financially dependent.

Private insurance is the solution. It is upto the private insurer to accept or decline medical cover.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
12.05.09 17:26 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
Raj wrote
"They are completely dependent on you"

Be careful here..
He didn't write if they are financially dependent on you.

"Completely dependent" means they are in a bad health condition where they need an assistance of a third person and you don't have any sisters, brothers, relatives in the native country who can do the job and you can prove this. Under such a condition, they MAY get a residence permit to stay with you in Germany. Apart from such a condition the chances are almost null for the parents to get a German residence permit.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
12.05.09 20:03 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
As far as I know Austria has much relaxed law on this.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
12.05.09 22:04 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
"As far as I know Austria has much relaxed law on this."

As we live in Germany.. that is not much of use, is it ?

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 11:49 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
complete dependence means dependence on everything including financial.

Here in Germany many old people are living alone. Does it mean they are dependent? NO.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 12:36 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
Forgive me dear lacrima..I was just thinking out loud. I live just 2 km away from the Austrian border :-)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 13:16 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
"complete dependence means dependence on everything including financial."

It is not important what you think about complete independence. The only thing that counts is the law and the interpretation of the law by the authorities, unless you are willing to start a long court process.

"Here in Germany many old people are living alone. Does it mean they are dependent? "

I wrote "in a bad health condition in need of the care of a third person AND financially dependent AND all these are provable by independent third parties". What is the point of your statement here ?

Raj and I were trying to nicely explain that it is (almost) impossible to bring parents to Germany, unless the parents are German citizens themselves ofcourse.. *lol*

So for those who can't accept the facts, explained again more clearly

NO GUYS YOU CANT BRING THE PARENTS TO GERMANY FOR PERMANENT STAY.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 13:35 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
And if someone did bring their parents to germany on a permanent basis, please feel free to share the information :-)).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 13:50 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
I wrote "in a bad health condition in need of the care of a third person AND financially dependent AND all these are provable by independent third parties". What is the point of your statement here ?

Financial dependence is an important point which cannot be ignored, which was missing in your earlier post.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 13:56 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
@lacrima

NO GUYS YOU CANT BRING THE PARENTS TO GERMANY FOR PERMANENT STAY.

Do not scold them. They all know this hard reality, despite they are hoping for some miracle to happen, so that they can take care of parents in their old age. Call me a sentimental fool but I feel this a very nobel thing to do for your parents. Don't you think so?

I however found a little work-around, if your parents can qualify "Retirement Visa for Spain" it is theoretically possible for them to stay with you in Germany all their life.

http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/information/visas_in_spain_for_work_or_holiday/#retirement_visa_spain
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 14:05 als Antwort auf salina sanghai.
"Call me a sentimental fool but I feel this a very nobel thing to do for your parents. Don't you think so?"

I totally agree but this wouldn't change the facts that we need to face when we live in Germany, would it ?

But the posts like "I married a German last year now I want to bring in my parents and next year my cousins and the year after my nephews.." sound really ridiculous. If you are so worried about your parents, you shouldn't have considered a life in abroad at first place. I dont know how this is handled in the other "immigration countries" but this should be almost impossible in all those immigration countries.

Your idea with Spain option sounds interesting..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3