Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit for spouse

Toggle
Work permit for spouse
Answer
7/25/05 7:35 AM
Hello,

company HR office has informed me last week that my residence title with limited duration has been approved by German Immigration Office.

Is my wife eligible to receive a work/residence permit based on my approved status (without having a job offer from a German company)?

My wife is a US citizen.
Do I need to request my wife's work permit (based on my status) at the time of my application request?

Or, I have to make the request for wife's work permit through German Consulate in US?

Or, I have to make the request at that local immigration office when we arrive to Germany?

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit for spouse
Answer
7/25/05 1:06 PM as a reply to Santos Nana.
she being a Us citizen rules must be relaxed and different.There are lot of spouses of Us army who work in germany ..best is that you ask the German consulate in Us for rightful answeres.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/05 10:40 PM as a reply to Santos Nana.
Thanks for the feedback.
I have called German Consulate in Houston, TX but did not get a clear answer related to my wife's work permit.

Regarding her residence, the procedure is simpler. She does not need to apply it through a German Consulate, and she can apply for the extension of her stay while she is in Germany (as long as it is done within 3 months of her arival).

Regarding her work permit, same rules apply for her as for sombody from Brasil, or India, or any other applicant from non-EU country.

Therefore, regarding a work permit for my souse, I am trying to confirm if she is eligible to apply for a work permit based on my approved status (residence title with a limited duration) and without a job offer from a German company? Or, she has to have a job offer from a German company to get a work permit?

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/05 7:31 AM as a reply to Santos Nana.
"My wife is a US citizen."

hmmm i would think that she doesn't need any residence permit? i mean maybe she needs to show herself up in the immigration office to get something for what she has right by the law, but that can't be called "permit", or?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott