Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Schools in Frankfurt for a kid from India

Toggle
I am planning to move to Frankfurt along with my family early 2009. I would be staying in Frankfurt for 2 years after which I would be heading back to India. My daughter is currently studying in 2nd standard (2nd grade) and would be seeking an admission to 3rd grade during August 2009. It would be great if someone can explain to me about the bilingual schools in Frankfurt and the level of German knowledge required for my daughter to comfortably get into this system. I apologize if this question has already been posted in this forum for I have not been able to find one. Thnaks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Schools in Frankfurt for a kid from India
Answer
9/30/08 4:28 PM as a reply to VENKATRAMAN NAGARAJAN.
"Frankfurt international schools" would be your search query.

There are international schools and usually only expats send their kids to these kind of schools. Fees are in the range 1000 to 2000 euros. Check whether your company is sponsoring your kids fees.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/08 5:09 PM as a reply to VENKATRAMAN NAGARAJAN.
http://www.finanzplatz-frankfurt.de/dynasite.cfm?dssid=171&dsmid=6760
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 9:50 AM as a reply to VENKATRAMAN NAGARAJAN.
Thanks Stutt23 and Raj for the information. I have already looked at FIS and ISF and am in the process of seeking more information from them. However I would like to know more about the bilingual schools and the level of knowledge in German that my daughter have to possess in case she seeks an admission into those schools. Thnaks again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 1:03 PM as a reply to VENKATRAMAN NAGARAJAN.
>>However I would like to know more about the bilingual schools

What do u mean by bilingual schools? You mean they teach both in german and english? Never heard of such.

>>and the level of knowledge in German that my daughter have to possess in case she seeks an admission into those schools.

You are here only for two years so better off with International schools because when you move back to some other country it is easy for her to continue her studies. Does anyone in your family know german? Then it is very hard on the kid at first also she is not going to kindergarten anymore and to be in 2nd grade she has to have a little grip on the language already.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 1:16 PM as a reply to VENKATRAMAN NAGARAJAN.
Thanks again Raj for your reply. I shall go ahead and follow up on the two international schools (FIS and ISF).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 7:03 PM as a reply to VENKATRAMAN NAGARAJAN.
The state of BW have some bilingual schools, which teach some subjects in English. It starts from Class IV. The entrance to these schools are competitive. They are NOT expat schools
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott