Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

job change general question

Toggle
job change general question
Answer
3/20/08 12:22 AM
Hallo,
If some one changes a job, does he get one or 2 weeks of holidays with the previous employment for umzug or something.
i dont know exactly but i heard that in germany there is some law that an employer can avail 1 or 2 weeks of working days before he quits and joins the new job.

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: job change general question
Answer
3/20/08 11:19 AM as a reply to baba shankar.
If you are an emloyer will you give a employee 2 weeks of holidays if he leaves your company?

I have never heard of such a kind of law. You can take the remaining holidays and overtime hours before leaving the company. But the company is not going to gift you holidays. Grrrr
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/08 11:24 AM as a reply to baba shankar.
Never heard about this kind of law,yes if you have some pending vacations which you can claim or if you impressed the employer with your performance then probably they can relieve you a day or so early.
Could you please let me know from which source you came to know about this gifting holiday law.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/08 12:02 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
@babashankar

Not if you change job, only if your employer fires you on the spot he might give you 3-4 weeks of paid leave :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/08 12:54 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
thanks for the replies.
No one is sure of this law. May be it was just a discussion within a group of friends.
I too dont know the exact source.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18