Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Driving License Query.

Toggle
Driving License Query.
Answer
3/6/06 4:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I’m completing 6 months in Germany in a few days, which means that the driving license from my home country becomes invalid here. I have been driving here since the past 4 months or so.

My integration course starts later this month only. And, I have very little knowledge of German and therefore, cannot communicate effectively as of yet. So, I would like to know is it possible (recommended) to take all the tests etc. in English? Is there anything special I need to be aware of before registering? Any website for more details?

Many thanks.

Joshua
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Driving License Query.
Answer
3/6/06 5:02 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Yes, you can do your complete DL in english, but it will be a bit costly than if u do it in german. So find a DL-School near your place and enquire. All DL Schools have a standard rate so it should be no problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/7/06 10:46 AM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Thanks for the info.

Joshua.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/06 3:16 AM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Hi,

For driving license, there are two ways for you, go through regular or through converting the license.

Anyhow you need

1. Registering with driving school
2. Red cross first aid course
3. Eye test.
4. Theory course ( optional )
5. Practice driving 15-20 hours or more as you like ( optional )
6. Theory test ( english also possible )
7. Driving test

Now above optional things can be avoided, if you want to transfer your license. But other things are required
1. Verification of your licence by Landeskriminalamt depending on the country your are from. This they will do. For this you have to submit your original license to authorities.
2. Translation of your license by ADAC.
3. If you clear all these things, they keep your original license and give you german one. This can be avoided by giving letter to them saying that you visit your country for some official reason and need to drive there and German license is not valid.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
samdcha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/06 11:49 AM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Hello samdcha,

Thank you for your detailed and informative reply. I went to a driving school nearby and the gentleman over there told me to go to the Bürgeramt and get the forms. After that he'll make a test drive with me to see if I need further practice sessions. I have been driving here since 4 months, so I believe it should not be a big problem.

I was not aware that a verification of the license is also done. I already have a translation of my license(not from ADAC though.) Lastly, since I'm not yet employed, will there be any trouble if I tell them that I need to vist my home country and drive there because of official reasons? Or is there any other way to retain your original license?

Many thanks and regards,

Joshua.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/06 12:53 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
For retaining you can say that you are having some seminars or trainings etc planned there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/06 12:55 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
If you are from some "special" country, you can avoid appearing for theory and/or practical exams.

This is a very useful site for people trying for DL in Germany. They also have an interactive driving test. Unfortunately its only in German.

http://www.aral.de/_struktur/inside.cfm?si_id=1212
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/06 1:40 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
hi everybody,
I am interested to buy Driving licence material in ENGLISH if anyone has it..
mail me the price at bizzare03@hotmail.com
thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3