Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouce NE query

Toggle
Spouce NE query
Answer
3/28/12 1:01 AM
Hi all,

Last week I got NE as per §9. And I would like to thank all trust7 members for contributing useful visa related information.

Now I have a question regarding NE for my wife. I tried to search the forum but I could find any conclusive answer.

- My wife is here since June 2010 and she is working in the field of software. She also has completed the Integration course.
- Last week my wife’s visa was also extended under §30, Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet.
- Now I came to know of following law as per AufenthG, http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#9:
§ 9 Niederlassungserlaubnis -> (3) Bei Ehegatten, die in ehelicher Lebensgemeinschaft leben, genügt es, wenn die Voraussetzungen nach Absatz 2 Satz 1 Nr. 3, 5 und 6 durch einen Ehegatten erfüllt werden. Von der Voraussetzung nach Absatz 2 Satz 1 Nr. 3 wird abgesehen, wenn sich der Ausländer in einer Ausbildung befindet, die zu einem anerkannten schulischen oder beruflichen Bildungsabschluss oder einem Hochschulabschluss führt. Satz 1 gilt in den Fällen des § 26 Abs. 4 entsprechend.

Is it true that only one spouse is required to fulfill the criteria of holding residence permit for 5 years to get NE?
Does anyone have related experience with this matter?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouce NE query
Answer
3/29/12 3:43 PM as a reply to max leo.
Hi all,

any help?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 3:48 PM as a reply to max leo.
Yes, it is true. But your spouse needs to have been in DE at least for 2 years. If that's the case, go with her (and the law) to ABH and request NE for her based on yours.

Good luck
Best
Ary
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 4:01 PM as a reply to max leo.
Hi Ary,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please specify the AufenthG Gesetz which describes about this two year condition?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 5:24 PM as a reply to max leo.
Hi,

I really can't, but check out the law. If it's not in there, I might be confusing it with the requirement of min 2 years of marriage.

Best
Ary
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3