Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Child Citizenship

Toggle
Child Citizenship
Answer
12/24/10 11:13 PM
Hello to all,

We are expecting a baby in July 2011.
Presently iam holding DE-EG Visa and Since 8+ yrs i am living in Germany-Bayern(3.5 Yrs student+ 4.5 yrs Job).
we both r holding Indian passports, and My wife is having EG visa.

I have following questions regarding the Child citizenship:

1. Will my child get both citizenships (Indian and Germany) till 18 yrs then he/she has to give away one? (is there any web link)or

2. as i dont have German Citizenship, so my kid will also dont get German Citizenship?

3. Is there anybody having experience to get child German Citizenship with 8 yrs stay in Germany (BY)?

4. if my kid gets German Citizenship what is the rule to get Indian Citizenship? (if we go back to India- in some case)(is there any web link)

Thank you all,
justdoit
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Child Citizenship
Answer
12/25/10 11:51 AM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
not every state include study time to the 8 years.

In case your child eligible, they will give him immediately.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/10 12:50 PM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
Hi,

i found the following info in Standesamt website.

Ein Kind ausländischer Eltern erwirbt durch die Geburt im Inland die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit, wenn ein Elternteil seit acht Jahren rechtmäßig seinen gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt im Inland hat und
freizügigkeitsberechtigter Unionsbürger

Question is : 8 years including student time? and what is the meaning of 'freizügigkeitsberechtigter Unionsbürger'?

http://bundesrecht.juris.de/rustag/__4.html

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/11 5:09 PM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
I have the same question about the 8 years. Does it include study time? Does anyone know about this?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/11 7:46 AM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
The child has to decide for one citizenship. Though Germany allows for dual citizenship till 18 (so called Optionszwang) but India doesnt. If you have German citizenship, child CAN decide for it too. Or the child can opt for Indian citizenship because of the mother being Indian citizen.

Even in Bayern, after a period of 8 yrs, they kind of ignore the fact that some years were study years and give you the citizenship. They dont give it to you as your right but at their discretion officially (they just use another paragraph number of the law which makes no difference for you). However you need to have 60 months contribution in the social security. With 4.5 years work, you still need 6 more months. But maybe you worked as a student ? That time also counts. (to check get a Versicherungsverlauf from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung)

Additionally there is a rule that if the parents have a right to get German citizenship at the time of childs birth (but still havent taken it or applied for it), the child can still get the German citizenship. As per Bayerns law you dont have the right to get citizenship (the reason being study period). So I am not sure what effect it has on the childs citizenship right.

I cant give any more advice to you and would recommend to go to the EInbürgerungsbehörde in your region.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott