Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Pension refund

Pension refund
Answer
1/8/07 4:50 AM
Hi All,

Finally i had a talk with Bfa people after my 2 year. I have sent my application(v400) to them and they requested me to send my Passport(Auswies) with my picture in it and validity should appear in your passport and a request letter stating that you need your money in your Checking account or Savings account like that.

Till now this is the main requirement. If any thing comes up, i will post you soon... but i don't think they need more...

regards,
Srikanth from USA.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Pension refund
Answer
1/8/07 10:25 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

how long did you work in Germany?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/07 6:11 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,
thanks for your update. I was waiting for your info on this as I still have another 6 months left for my 2 years. I am in Canada now. Your update on this pension fund is highly appreciated.
take care
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/07 12:41 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi UMTS11,

I was in Germany for about 6 yrs.

regards,
Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/07 10:38 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hey Friends
I was working in germany on green card for 61 months then left. Now i have come back to work for 4 month project after 1 year, but my salary is paid in my home country. Do you think my waiting period of 2 year will start again or these 4 months will be included. I have done registration to town authorities and they have my passport for residance permit. but i was not issued any tax card.
If someone will share thier views will be great.

jose
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/07 3:24 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Jose,
if you pay tax to german government, yes then your 2 year period will start from the month when you stop paying taxes in germany. If your salary is paid in your home country, then you don't pay taxes in germany and your months in germany will not be included for your pension fund.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/14/07 6:06 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Shrikanth,

I am leaving Germany and had a talk with Bfa personnel about the pension refund. I had talk with Bfa personnel and they said that I can not get the money back because I worked here for more than 60 months.

But then I read on the site of Deutsche rentenversicherung (http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/integration/pension_refund)
and asked few of my friends who got the money back even after their stay in Germany for more than 60 months.

Please share your views if you have faced the similar kind of problem..

Thanks,
Sweety:-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/07 5:13 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Sweetyb,

pension fund refund claim depends on which country you come from. Most of the 2.wc you can claim even if you have worked over 60 months. so which country are your from?. there is also a country list on Bfa website.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/07 8:14 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I am from India.

I called the Bfa people few days before and they told me that I can get the money back only after my retirement as I have worked here for more than 60 months.

This is also happened with one of my friend. She consulted one lawyer for this but got the same reply from the Bfa people that she won't get money back as she worked in Germany for more than 60 months.

If possible, could you please provide me the link where the list of countries is provided.

Thanks,
Sweety
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/07 12:09 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hey, I am sure if you are from India, even though you worked over 60 months , you will be able to claim it after 2 years you leave De. Here is the list of countries who cannot claim before age of 65.

http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung-bund.de/nn_11268/SharedDocs/de/Inhalt/Servicebereich2/Lexikon/M/mitgliedstaaten.html

http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung-bund.de/nn_11268/SharedDocs/de/Inhalt/Servicebereich2/Lexikon/A/abkommensstaaten.html

this is the page you get info.

http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung-bund.de/nn_12296/SharedDocs/de/Navigation/Rente/Ausland__Rente/Beitragserstattung__node.html__nnn=true

I have seen an english verison of it back in 2005, but they removed it now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/07 3:54 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

I am also currently in a kinda similar situation. I worked in Germany for 3 years and then moved to USA. I took 2 years mutterschafts urlaub. Which ended last month. I spoke to BFA (on line chat feature where you can chat with rep from BFA)and they said his you have stopped contributing to the pension fund 2 years back you can apply for getting your part of pension back.

Are you in USA too. What all did you do to apply for getting back your pension back being in the USA. Is form called v900

Thank you for all your help
Shivani
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/07 7:33 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi esslinger111,

thanks a lot for your reply.

The link provided by you will definitely help me.

Thanks,
Sweety
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Pension refund - Names of Forms
Answer
1/19/07 2:56 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi
Can someone summarize which forms to fill in.

From this thread earlier I found it should be V400 , some time before a friend told me that it should be A1055 , R_20851 and V_20900.

If someone who already has applied or in process can guide a bit.

Thanks in advance

Jose
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/07 12:50 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi All,

Sorry for late response.

You need to send the following documents

1. V900 Bundesversicherungsanstalt Fur Angestellte.
2. Your passport copy(with your picture, Visa Validity, your personal details)
3. Your bank details (mention your account type, i mean checking or savings etc) in your letter.
4. If possible abmeldung letter(unregisteration letter).

Thats it...

regading 60 months +... there was a clause, you may not get if you work more than 60 months... you will get only after 60 or 65 years, even for India.

regards,
Srikanth from USA (Atlanta, GA)
Ph: 678-528-3593 (Contact me if you need any more details or just post it in this website).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/07 2:02 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

You said....regarding 60+ months...there was a clause...you may not get....even if you are from India.

Before that you said you stayed here for 6 years(i.e. 72 months)...then how are you able to apply and get it back?

Thanks
Soni
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/07 4:31 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Correction!!! I was in Germany for more than 6 years but initially i was an Indian Employee, I used to get salary from India!!! Hope this clears your doubts... I paid taxes to Germany for about 59 months i think... but i know it is less than 60 months!!! Hence i moved out from Germany(don't blame!!!)...

You know lots of people in USA also do this, i mean once they get their Citizenship they are moving out after 10 years of work(means you have had contributed for Pension plan, ie., 401 k etc) in USA, to get pension (about $2500 per month). You know it's a lot of money if you do this way... and that to $2500 US Dollors is huge money in India!!!

regards,
Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/07 6:06 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
When i enquired in 2005 with BfA about Pension refund for Indian citizens after completion of 60 months, i had been informed that it is possible to get a refund after 2 years of leaving Deutschland.

I am a bit of confused now, after reading Srikanths post. Is there a change in law recently ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/07 9:54 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Sejoka,

Even i was in confusion... Since i heard that there is no restriction for some nations like Indians... I met the Manager in Bfa, Karlsruhe and he mentioned clearly that after 60 months of work there is no-way to claim our pension before 65 or 60 years of age... no idea, why some people were telling it is possible for some nations and some were telling not possible... you can contact Bfa... you will receive 2 or more answers for same question...

Before i leave i have clearly asked the Bfa manager...

Contact them and get the details... even i would love to know more... I am not changing the law, but those words are from Bfa Manager, Karlsruhe.

regards,
Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/07 6:14 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

when did you apply for your refund?. how many days it will take for the refund to reach you from the date of appln? thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/07 9:14 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi,

I applied in End of Jan 2006 and got my refund into my bank account by April 10,2006 . On an average it will take 2-3 months.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18