Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Niederlassungserlaubnis on Dependent Visa!!

Toggle
Dear All,

I am in Germany since 2005 on dependent visa and now since last two years im working here on an unlimited work permit but still on dependent visa on my husband who is a student and doing his Phd. I want advice in our case as my husband did not pay any taxes its only me who is paying all the taxes. My annual income is around 48K, I want to know can i apply for Niederlassungs erlaubnis für hochqualifizierte according to the new law even if i am on a dependent visa. Or what will happen when my husband will finish his studies and not able to find job in germany do we have to leave the country or we can stay here as i am working here and not living on social welfare.

Please share your expereinces and information.

REgards.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Niederlassungserlaubnis on Dependent Visa!!
Answer
3/23/12 4:43 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
I thought that this law of NE with salary of 48k is not active yet, its under discussion and might be ratified sometime this year. Please check again.

Regards,
kaushik
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/12 5:37 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hi kaushik,

thanx for your only reply emoticon

Look what I have found here :

http://www.info4alien.de/gesetze/aufenthg.htm#31

It says about to change dependent visa as an independent one. If not now but in 3years Iwant to use it and on the basis of it apply for 48K salary and niederlassungserlaubnis, What is your opinion about it and other whoever read it.

THnx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/24/12 10:25 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Bajaj

Permanent residence can be acquired if:

1. You live here 5 years and pay 60 months social security (meaning you work 60 months)

or

2. You are considered to be highly qualified. As of now 66000 is the salary level. In the future it will probably be reduced to 48000.

In your case, I would get the dependence of the residence and get a residence permit under paragraph 18 without any dependence to any employer (Beschäftigungserlaubnis ohne Bindung an einen Arbeitgeber). You should get it without any problem.

Once the salary level gets reduced to 48K you can apply for NE too.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/26/12 1:24 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
hi supersid thanx for ur reply.

but to let you know i have already BE but still visa is dependent on my husband who is a student. How can i take visa number 18 not 30 which i have at the moment.

Please if you have any clue about it share it. Its really important to know for me.

THanx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 3:44 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hi everyone,

I was in a similar situation several years ago. Initially with a spouse dependant visa, but then, as soon as I got BE and then found a job, went to ABH with my job contract (whoch wasn't unbefristig but befirstig for only 2 years) and requeste d to have an independant visa. It was donde straight away. Moreover, as later my husband lost hist job he was then put dependant in my visa (now we have both NE).

So got o ABH with your unberfited job contract and request an indepent visa (even more , if you have plans of stying in DE much longer, as you're in DE since 2005 after having your independent visa I would go stright away and applied for integration certication and einburgerung test and trhen applied for naturalization)

Good luck
Best
Ary
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 4:32 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hello Arianna,

Thanks alot for your responce and feedback. Since along time we are in this situation and had no idea how to overcome with that. But your reply releived me alot really.

May I ask you a little more about which visa number you had as a dependent. In my case my husband is a student and I am working here with unbefristet arbeitsvertrag, So you think it will work out in this case also because in yours your husband had a job. And after how much time you asked for an independent visa.

I am also in Berlin so if you agree we can meet sometime or may be call each other to get more information.

THnx once again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 5:16 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hi,

I had §30 Abs.1 with BE, then with my work contract I got §18, Abs 2 for the length of my contract (which at the time was 2 years).

You can also go for advice to the Auslanderbeauftragte office in Berlin:
Potsdamer Straße 65
10785 Berlin - Mitte
Telefon: (030) 9017-2351
Telefax: (030) 9017-2320

They're a pool of jurists paid by the Senat to help out migrant workers on these matters. They're great and helped me a lot in the past (the service is free)

Hope this help
Best
Ary

ps. Yes, eventually we can meet, just that I work in Potsdam and be travelling for most of April. If you provide your email/phone I'll contact you when I'm back.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/30/12 4:55 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hi Arianna,

Thanks alot for your valuable infomation. Definitely I am going to use it in the near future.
My email is :bajaj@gmx.de

You can write me here and once I hve your email I will give you my phone number as well.

Be in Touch.

Gud luck for your work.

Bajaj
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7