Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

permanant residency question

Toggle
permanant residency question
Answer
7/27/05 1:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I am eligible to apply for permanant residency.

I came to Germany in 1997 as a student and stayed here till December 200 and earned my degree. I then went back to my home country and came back in May 2001 (after 5 months) and have been working here since then (for a bit more than 4 years) on a green card.

Do I qualify for permanat residency already or must I wait till my green card expires. I have a few business ideas and would like to proceed with them but I need a 'unbefristet' permit for that.

Thanks,

-K
0 (0 Votes)

Re: permanant residency question
Answer
7/27/05 6:38 AM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
"I have a few business ideas and would like to proceed with them but I need a 'unbefristet' permit for that."

you don't if your business ideas are connected to IT. since 1.1.2005 your previous work permit applies to any work in IT, that includes self-employment as well.

the officials of course have other interests - -> big unemployment rate -, therefore it is not to expect that they will take your interests into consideration and behave towards you as it is prescribed by law. i will give you an example. i have received a letter from one official from Switzerland today, he has written that NO FOREIGNERS will get the permit to work in Switzerland, unless they are citizens of EU (exclusive new states, so that people from Poland are considered to be beggars as well emoticon). it's an official letter, it's binding in terms of law emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/05 1:09 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
´Hi,

So does this mean that I can take freelancing jobs as long as they are in the IT field?

Coz currently my passport says "Selbständige Tätigkeit nicht gestatter". Should I go to KVR and ask them to change it?

Thanks,

-K
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 3:06 AM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
"Coz currently my passport says "Selbständige Tätigkeit nicht gestatter". Should I go to KVR and ask them to change it?"

if in your residence permit something like that is written than of course you have to change it in order to be self employed. but i guess many people here do not have such or similar words written in their passports
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 1:12 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
Well, I'll be danged.... I went to the KVR in Munich today and told them that I want to open my own business and that my 5 years on the green card are not up....

5 minutes... the guy did not ask for any documents or anything... Got my new Arbeitserlaubnis stamped and now I can proceed with my business plans.

The guy was extremely helpful!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/05 6:58 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
HI xenon,
It is extremely interesting to know you were successfull to get a workpermit to set up your own business.
Am here too on a IT green card since one & half years & i too have a plans to set up my own business here.
Can you please let me know what are the requirement & what kind of docuements have to be produced?
Do you have to produce a business plan & source of funding?
How long do they issue a permit when one is setting up business?
Can you kindly pass me your email id,would be helpfull to correspond with you in future.
regds
kiran
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/05 3:10 AM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
"Can you please let me know what are the requirement & what kind of docuements have to be produced?"

that depends on your situation. if you are unemployed and Germany can't kick you out - nothing, unless you want to get some help from the state to start your business

"Do you have to produce a business plan & source of funding?"

if you need something from the state (prolongation of a residence permit, financial support from arbeitsamt for opening a new business), then yes, they at least will want see your business plan approved by local IHK. but if you do not need anything from them ...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/05 5:40 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
Like I said, the guy did not ask for any documents. I had taken some salary slips, registration etc. but he did not ask for anything. I told him I had a greencard and he just cancelled my old permit (which was 2 pages) and gave me a slip for 10 euros. I had to pay the money and they put the new permit. This is now just one page and says "Erwerbstattigkeit gestattet".
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott