Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Non-EU Citizen as Freelancer in Switzerland?

Toggle
Hi trust7,

I'm a non-EU citizen with a Daueraufenthalt-EG visa. Now I have an offer from a Swiss firm for a small freelance project ( abt 15 days, all expenses paid).

Can I simply take this up by registering as a Freiberufler or do I need a special work visa (since I'm non-EU) for Switzerland?

Any previous experience/advise/ideas are welcome!

cheers,
tiefweiss
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Non-EU Citizen as Freelancer in Switzerland?
Answer
2/1/11 10:39 AM as a reply to Rakesh Kay.
Contact your steuerberater, maybe he will have some idea. You are not allowed to work with D-EG in swiss, so you need a work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Non-EU Citizen as Freelancer in Switzerland?
Answer
2/1/11 2:05 PM as a reply to Rakesh Kay.
thanks for the tip raj..i'll also talk to my steuerberater

meanwhile..i found this:
http://www.entsendung.admin.ch/cms/content/info/faq/

apparently, only a meldepflicht is needed if i'm going to be working 90 days or lesser (as a non-EU citizen - they even have a nifty form to check!)..and i need to be a "selbständige dienstleistungsbringer" living in a EU country with a valid EG visa..effectively a freiberufler (according to german law) but i need to find out if its seen in the same way across the border..
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott