Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Citizenship with non-EU Background

Toggle
German Citizenship with non-EU Background
einburgerung german citizenship
Answer
1/4/18 10:43 AM
Hello All,

Currently I have the Niederlassungserlaubnis (with Non-EU background) and planning to apply for the German Citizenship (Einbürgerung) soon. After getting the German Citizenship, I may shift to any India for the next 5-6 years (personal reasons) without visiting Germany. My question to you all would be if it is allowed to stay outside Germany for longer duration immediately after getting the citizenship? 

Regards,
Krish
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Citizenship with non-EU Background
Answer
1/9/18 6:02 PM as a reply to Krish ..
I have heard the following info from mutliple sources. I am not sure of the authenticity of the info.

First 2 years is kind of probation and they have a constant watch on actions/decisions. They have right to revoke the German citizenship within first 5 years for different reasons.

You have to make sure that your longterm absense from Germany is not reason for them to revoke the passport. The bets would be to discuss your situation with local Rathaus and inform your intended long term leave from Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/18 2:56 PM as a reply to Kishore M.
Hello, I would not like to open a new thread. I have searched other thread but I don't know if my questions has already been answered in other threads.
I am a non EU citizen and I will be applying for German citizenship next month.
My wife joined me 3 months ago, so she can't apply with me. 
I would like to know if the 3-year rule will apply to her after I got my German citizenship or she will wait for 6-8 years.
Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/18 1:50 PM as a reply to Krish ..
once a german always a german unless you assume another nationality. 
You can stay outside of germany as long as you want just like any other german. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott