Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

six month rule on Kindergeld and spouse visa

Toggle
Hi Everybody,

I have a question about the spouse visa. My wife is now staying in my native country with my son.
She has already spent four months there. Due to some reasons ,she need to prolong her stay there.

Now if she does not come to Germany within six months, her Grerman visa will be cancelled. Am I right ?

What about my tax status ? Will it be changed ?
Another issue is the child benefits or kindergeld.

Will it be stopped , since my child's visa will also be cancelled if he does not come within six months ?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: six month rule on Kindergeld and spouse visa
Answer
6/24/11 12:04 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
Now if she does not come to Germany within six months, her Grerman visa will be cancelled. Am I right ?

--> Yes, you are right. But if you have valid reason that she must stay outside DE, ABH might give some extension, you can ask them.

--> Yes, you need to inform them.

Will it be stopped , since my child's visa will also be cancelled if he does not come within six months ?

--> Yes, as the child does not stay in DE anymore, you need to inform them.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: six month rule on Kindergeld and spouse visa
Answer
6/24/11 10:33 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
---------
@ UMTS11

--> Yes, you need to inform them.

--> Yes, as the child does not stay in DE anymore, you need to inform them.

--------------

It seems to me strange that my tax status will be changed if my wife's visa is cancelled due to six month rule. I mean, as long as she is married to me , I need to send money to her. Then , why my tax status will change ?

Regarding the interruption of Kindergeld, I am quite shocked. Before my marriage, I paid huge taxes to the German govt. Naturally , I expect a return from the Govt . Kindergeld is one of those returns. Now If I decide to keep my son outside Germany due to some reasons, I still need to pay
his expenses. Then on what ground German governemnt want to stop this kindergeld ?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott