Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

problem with O2 contract

Toggle
problem with O2 contract
Answer
8/20/07 10:49 AM
Hi all,
I had an O2 mobile contract (just for the connection & not for the phone) till Nov 2006. I left Germany before the contract ended & gave contract quitting notice to O2 about 3 months in advance. But now, all of a sudden, I get a letter from an "Anwaltskanzlei" asking me to pay a huge sum, when I have not even been in Germany. It looks like O2 has not terminated the contract & has added penalty and some stupid additional charges like deactivating the SIM card... though I had formally informed them that I m leaving the country & dont need their connection any more! How can I pay for their service when I m no longer in Germany?

My problem is - I cant figure out how the Anwaltskanzlei has arrived at the figure they have quoted, and I dont want to pay it either. Can anyone guide me what to do? How can I argue with them? Is there someone who has faced a similar problem?
Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: problem with O2 contract
Answer
8/20/07 3:58 PM as a reply to K S.
Hi,
did you give notice 3 months before leaving or before the end of your contract? The fact that you are not in Germany makes no difference to o2 anymore - according to their guidelines it's your private thing... If you want to cancel your contract earlier - you have to pay all monthly fees till the end of the contract.
Did you get confirmation from o2 that your contract will be canceled at that and that date ?
Do you have any confirmation that o2 received your cancellation and received it in time ?
Quite often o2 claims that they never received cancellation, not sure if they really don't or just claim it.
If you give me your o2 number (or last name + birth date) - I could try to find out what's the story in your case.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/07 6:12 PM as a reply to K S.
Dear Bies, thanks a lot for your reply!
Well, my contract should have expired some time in November 2006, and I sent the quitting letter in the end of June 2006, asking them to terminate the connection at the end of July 2006 & enquiring about any formal procedure to do it. I didnt get any letter from them till August 2006 (when I left Germany), but I think I got an SMS from them as acknowledgement of my letter. I left Germany in August 2006.
Can you give me your email ID so that I can send you details?
Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/07 7:07 PM as a reply to K S.
You should get written confirmation that your contract will be canceled.
If you sent letter asking to cancel at the end July - most probably it got declined. I saw guidelines some time ago but now don't remember all cases. You have to ask to "cancel at next possible date".

My email: biesas at gmail dot com
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18