Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage Certificate Legalization from Germany

Alternar
Hello All,
I already tried to find the answers to this query, and already have some information.

I know its possible to change the student visa into Family visa, as the Foreign Office already accepted my application.
But they have asked for a legalized marriage certificate.

Unfortunately only legalization done by German Embassy in India is acceptable and not any other form of Legalization (Not even the Apostille done by the Ministry of External Affairs).
But the German Embassy in India only legalize the Indian Public documents, when the request have been made from an organization in Germany directly.
But the foreign office is not ready to ask for legalization to the Embassy in Mumbai, and told me to get it done.

Does anyone have any experience on getting Marriage Certificate Legalized from Germany?

Thanks and Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Marriage Certificate Legalization from Germany
Respuesta
17/04/12 13:33 en respuesta a Soc Ware.
I think you can go to the Standesamt in your area and ask them for this verification.You can tell them that you want a legalized certificate for your marriage.

Normally they would require the follwing documents :
- your marriage certifiacte in Orginal.
- maybe 8 to 10 photos of marriage (make it a point that photos show a lots of people attended your marriage),
- a copy of passport of your wife.
- And may be around 250 Euros.
Also do take along the Deutsch translation of your marriage certificate.

They would then send these douments to the Mumbai Consulate in India for verifiaction.And then it could take 4-6 weeks time.

Then you would get a legalised certificate from the
Mumbai Consulate from the Standesamt.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3