Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Arbeitserlaubnis/genehmigung for non-EU, before or after job offer?

Alternar
Hello,
My name is Christopher. I am an american citizen living in Germany. I currently have an Aufenthaltsgenehmiung for students, that means I am allowed to work only 90 days per year. I am studying to be a translator, but have recently discovered that as I already have a degree in Germanistik, this is enough for many companies, and I have a few potential job prospects. I have been reading up on the internet on what I might have to do, but most of it isn't really clear. Can someone clear this up for me please?
Do I apply for the work permit simply as a translator? Or do I have to wait to have a job offer in my hand? Will I have to get a visa/new aufenthaltsgenehmigung? Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated. You can also send them to chrisg2005@gmail.com, as I am new to this page and might forget to look back!!!
Thanks,
Chris
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Arbeitserlaubnis/genehmigung for non-EU, before or after job offer?
Respuesta
28/02/06 16:43 en respuesta a Christopher Gialbreto.
@cgialloreto

German Govt has a special treaty with USA, under this Germans can work easily in USA and vice versa. For more information contact your local Ausländerbehörde.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott