Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Arbeitsgenehmigung is valid till 2009, but at present outside Germany.

Alternar
Hi All,

I was working in Germany through the Green Card programme since june 2004 and worked till september 2005. My work permit and visa was valid until June 2006. I moved to UK on October 2005. My arbeitsgenehmigung was renewed by my German employer in 2005 and that is valid till 2009. Now my question is, is it possible that I can get a new residence permit stamped on the basis of this arbeitsgenehmigung which is valid till 2009. At present I am visiting Germany in visitor visa.

Please can some body answer to my question.

Thanks in advance,
-Sam
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Arbeitsgenehmigung is valid till 2009, but at present outside Germany.
Respuesta
20/09/06 19:15 en respuesta a sam lal.
Unfortunately NO. You have to start again with the process of searching job>getting job>getting workpermit and finally getting residence permit.

Are you still working with the same company?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/09/06 19:20 en respuesta a sam lal.
No - I had quit the company when I left Germany, now I am thinking of coming back(I feel Germany is much better than UK :-)). Are you sure there is no privilage in my case as I am a valid Green Card holder

Thanks,
-Sam.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/09/06 19:52 en respuesta a sam lal.
"as I am a valid Green Card holder"

No, you are not (anymore).. German resident/work permits become void after 6 months of absence in Germany. That is per law. In your case, you have been away from Germany almost a year. So see raj's answer.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/09/06 16:26 en respuesta a sam lal.
Now my question is, is it possible that I can get a new residence permit stamped on the basis of this arbeitsgenehmigung which is valid till 2009.

Normally you do not need a new arbeitsgenehmigung because of §46 Abs. 2 BeschV and should get a new residence permit once you find a new job here, but i am sure that officials in Arbeitsamt will not agree with such point of view. Most surely that they will say that your arbeitsgenehmigung is not valid from the day your previous german work contract got cancelled.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott