Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa for Parents for more than 90 days

Alternar
Visa for Parents for more than 90 days
Respuesta
15/02/07 17:52
Hello All,

I was looking at a possibility of getting my parents to visit and stay with me for more then 90 days (Usual tourist visa is for 90 days). Is there a way to do this, if I were show some medical grounds? I would want them here for about 6 months.

I am GC living in germany since 2004. Any ideas will be helpful.

Regards
Kumar
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Visa for Parents for more than 90 days
Respuesta
15/02/07 18:20 en respuesta a saikumar J.
I would like to remind you that you are not in india. Which sane doctor in germany will give you a certificate for some medical grounds that too when the recipient of the letter is the great ABH??

It is very rare to get such a long visa for parents unless your wife is near delivery time and need help.

But you would be jeopardising their getting visa next time if you do something like that.

Anyway it will be boring for them to stay here for 6 months continuously. Better make it two trips in a year with each block of 3 months
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/02/07 12:06 en respuesta a saikumar J.
Thanks for your thought, If my wife is near her delivery time and if the doc recomands that she might need parental help. Will the ABH extend the 90 day tourist visa? Inshort will ABH have a say in extending tourist visas? Or do they only deal with resident permits and other long term visa holders?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/02/07 13:12 en respuesta a saikumar J.
ABH are the people who deal with all Visas. If you want to extend the tourist visa here in germany , one has to the go to the ABH. Which other department do u think you have to go??

Anyway you can try your luck with ABH. It is possible to extend the visa here in germany as I personally have know of people who have extended their stay after coming with a tourist visa.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott