Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

5 years completion

Alternar
5 years completion
Respuesta
24/02/08 15:52
Hi,

I am about to complete 5 years in Germany. Initially I came on a Green card in 2003. I went back to India during end 2004 giving up my GC. I had to come back to Germany with a new job and work permit (Not GC) in 2005 March. I have the following questions to ask you gys. It would be great if you could please clarify.
- I understand that if a person leaves Germany within 5 years, he can claim the pension component back. How do you define 5 years? Does it mean, 60 working/salried month or 60 monhts after first arrival. I am asknig this because, although i will be completing 5 years in Oct 08, I have been on and off Germany and have actually worked and obtained salary for less number of months.
- When does the person becomes eligile to obtain German passport? How serious is the language?
I heard that the official give more importance to the salary earned and the amount of tax contributed etc. In that case, my tax contribution is quite high and I have never been unemployed in these years.
- When does the spouce become eligible for passport?
- Any knowledge on what is EU Blue card?

I would like to make a decision either to leave Germany or make a long term stay in Germany. Your reply will help me to get more clarity.

Thanks and Regds,
Balu
0 (0 Votos)

Re: 5 years completion
Respuesta
25/02/08 13:37 en respuesta a Anónimo.
For German passport...hmmm..you need to be here for atleast 7 years (with orientation course). For applying for citizenship - your high earning does not play a significant role.
Language should be fluend enough to get citizenship.

What you can do is that you can apply for permanent residency if you have already paid 60 monts of Rente.

If I were on the same boat, I would have gone to Auslanderbehörde and ask them the possibility to get a Permanent Residency.

BR
MK
0 (0 Votos)

Re: 5 years completion
Respuesta
1/03/08 19:22 en respuesta a Anónimo.
Thanks MK. Any further clarifications are welcome !
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott