Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

No word from ABH

Alternar
No word from ABH
Respuesta
30/06/05 21:40
Hi all,

my GC expires beginning August and I haven't heard anything from ABH. I'll be leaving Germany mid July anyway but I was wondering if that is normal?

Cheers
0 (0 Votos)

Re: No word from ABH
Respuesta
30/06/05 22:33 en respuesta a Mark Johnson.
Are you leaving completely?
Without return?
Why?

It is completely normal that you haven't heard anything from ABH.
In fact they should hear from you.

I supose you know that you can go to ABH tomorow and get NE (PR) the same day if you are lucky?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
30/06/05 23:11 en respuesta a Mark Johnson.
If you are not unregistered at the date of your residence permit expiration, you will get a letter to your address in Germany asking you "Why the heck are you still in Germany, although your permit is expired"

you have to take care of it by yourself before the expiration, otherwise ABH is happy that you are leaving the country.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/07/05 1:52 en respuesta a Mark Johnson.
Hi DVD, all

yes I am leaving Germany for good, for reasons I have said before in this forum.

The reason I asked this is because a couple of years ago I got a letter from ABH that may passort is expiring soon and that I should come to their office. Now that was at least a couple of month before expiration of my passport.

I called them and emailed them that I don't have the time to come to their office and that in time they will get a copy of my new passport. Well, they accepted that and I sent them later a copy of it. I had expected them to argue that my GC needs to be transfered to my new passport and that the fee of that is x euros, but nothing came about and I didn't complain :-) and all of this in Bayern :-)

I am not sure yet if I will go to ABH and will do an Abmeldung, why should I?

Oh, I have to say that my GC was issued in Niedersachsen, as one of the first ones and they issued it for 5 years and therefore past the validity of my passport. One of the biggest German companies (Siem***) was behind it and my job was in management.

Cheers
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18