Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

How to find IT job in Germany

Alternar
How to find IT job in Germany
Respuesta
12/08/05 12:29
This is me again ;)

Does it help me to find a job if I come to Germany as a tourist and speak to IT companies
face to face.But it is a pitty that I cant speak German.
I have relatives in Munster and they will invite me there for 3 monts.As I said before I cant speak German,but my cousin told me that,companies send their candidates to language course for 6 months.
Thanks again

Muhammet
0 (0 Votos)

Re: How to find IT job in Germany
Respuesta
12/08/05 15:57 en respuesta a Muhammet Coruh.
To be frank with you, you have 1% chance of getting a job. You have the following disadvantages
1. You dont speak german
2. You dont have a valid resident permit.

In the present situation companies dont have the time and patience to process work-permit and visa for people living outside germany. The thing about companies sending for language courses are a thing of the past. They may still do it in case you are adding much value to them. This question can be answered only by you alone.

Ofcourse you can try coming to germany and trying from here. But is a pretty long shot at what you want. Least you can do is atleast visit places in germany if you are not successful in finding a job.

Good luck
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/08/05 16:36 en respuesta a Muhammet Coruh.
You have much better chance of getting a job if you apply online from wherever you are. Just add in your application that you will be visiting Germany for 3 months and available for a personal interview.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/08/05 16:45 en respuesta a Muhammet Coruh.
Selam Muhammet,

I think you have asked a similar question a fews ago, in another thread.

First let you know, the typical progress how to find an IT job in Germany:

1. you apply for a position in German company, thru internet
2. if they find you good, they call you for phone interview
3. if they find you OK, they'll invite you to Germany for personal interview
4. In some cases they pay your flight, hotel reservations, also cope with visa formalities
5. if they find you OK, they'll offer you a salary
6. you sign the salary contract send them back
7. they will send you papers to apply for a visa to enter Germany
8. you come to Germany and get the residence permit
9. and you start to work.

If you are coming to Germany for touristic purposes, (3)&(4) will cost nothing for them, if you can meet them while you are in Germany. Because you pay your own travel expenses. This is an advantage to apply for a job.

Apply for as many jobs as possible, thru internet and also tell them that you are coming to Germany for touristic purposes and pay your own travel/accomodation expenses, tell them that you can talk to them during your stay.

In the current economic situation, the unemployment is high, and lots of companies in Germany save money because of cost saving, because in the last years a worker's cost to the company+state has been very high, because of Euro-US Dollar parity. It's much more difficult for foreigners to find a job now.

It's up to company's policy, if they'll offer you a German course. I don't think they'll have that opportunity, because it'll cost money.

Regards,
Klenze17
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/08/05 17:19 en respuesta a Muhammet Coruh.
I agree with Klenze17
but for action item number 2, they will most likely talk to you in German. I know some *big* German companies whose HR departments refuse the applications automatically which are done in English.

If you want to apply for a position and you have only English skills in your pocket then
-> the position description should tell that speaking only English is sufficient for the position.
-> or you are god damn good and you can impress them even with your english CV so that they can consider you as a candidate. (This is true more for Senior positions with at least 5 years experience)

Other than that your application will be simply ignored.(But actually german companies are polite enough to write a refusal letter, in case your application is in German)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3