Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE for a GC hloder working as Freelancer (Selbständig)

Alternar
Dear all;

It is my first posting on this forum, even if I was reading over some of the topics since sometimes ago. This Forum is really helpful for the GC community in Germany, and I would like to think the Webmasters about the quality of this site.

I am a Green Card holder, working in Germany since 4 years and half, and my current Visa will expire in 6 months. I have read the current law (Zuwanderung Gesetz), However I think (IMO) this law is more confusing and there was nothing clear or specific for the GC holders.

I am working since 3 years as Freelance consultant (Selbständig), and I am not paying the Pensions (Rentenversicherung) since I become freelancer. In six months, my Visa will expire and I would like to suggest your help and advice on how to proceed to renew my Visa or to get the permanent residence permit. My concerns are the following:

- Is it possible to have the unlimited permit NE also as Selbständig or you need a permanant working contract? fyi, I have with the campany a contract (normally renwable on a yearly basis) until end of 2006.

- Are the 60 months pensions really required? I tried last year to get a private Rentenversicherung, but no insurance campany could propose me any service because they said that I should have a permanent residence permit in Germany in order to have a Rentenversicherung!!?

- Does sombody knows about some lawyers who knows the GC cases and they can help with the Bureaucratic hardles ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

MyMood.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: NE for a GC hloder working as Freelancer (Selbständig)
Respuesta
7/02/06 18:34 en respuesta a A. ek..
Hi just got NE myself and my situation is exactly the same as yours.

Q) I am working since 3 years as Freelance consultant (Selbständig), and I am not paying the Pensions (Rentenversicherung) since I become freelancer.

A) As others have stated in this forum many times, persons who were resident in Germany prior to 2005 are exempt from this particular clause

Q) In six months, my Visa will expire and I would like to suggest your help and advice on how to proceed to renew my Visa or to get the permanent residence permit

A) You should get a letter in the mail two months before your current visa expires. It will list exactly what you need to bring to the Auslanders' office. The letter will even mention an appointment date time and contact for you. If this has not happened by 6 weeks before your visa expires, give them a call

Q) Is it possible to have the unlimited permit NE also as Selbständig or you need a permanant working contract? fyi, I have with the campany a contract (normally renwable on a yearly basis) until end of 2006

A) My contract is renewed every three months. For the purposes of my visa, I asked my client to put together a contract that was valid for 6 months. The Auslanders office looked at it and didn't question it. One of the things on my list was to bring my last 3 paystubs - but being a contractor, I didn't have any. I called my Steurberater and asked them to put together a letter showing my gross and net incomes for each of the years I did taxes as a freelancer in Germany. The Auslanders office had no problem with that.

Q) Are the 60 months pensions really required? I tried last year to get a private Rentenversicherung, but no insurance campany could propose me any service because they said that I should have a permanent residence permit in Germany in order to have a Rentenversicherung!!?

A) No problem as stated this is not required and the exception is clearly stated in the law.

Q) Does sombody knows about some lawyers who knows the GC cases and they can help with the Bureaucratic hurdles ?

A) You should not need anybody to help you with this. I ran my paperwork past a visa agency just so I would not have to make a second trip.

A couple things you should know:

- you must speak german with the Auslander Office people

- you will not get your permanant residence immidiately, but rather they will put a stamp in your password titled "Fiktionsbescheinugung", normally valid for 6 months. After a long administrative period ( about 4-5 months in Hessen where I did mine ) to run your info through a criminal record check, you will be called in to the office and they will give you the permanent stamp ( unless they have a record of your attending a Bin Laden terrorist camp or other such past mistake! ).
0 (0 Votos)

Re: NE for a GC hloder working as Freelancer (Selbständig)
Respuesta
16/02/06 16:09 en respuesta a A. ek..
Hello mlovecan;

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I will wait for the feedback of the "Ausländerbehörde amt" letter.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott