Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Driving test

Alternar
Driving test
Respuesta
31/07/06 17:39
Hey guys,

I have my driving test tomorrow. Any tips?
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Driving test
Respuesta
31/07/06 17:46 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Good luck!

- Don't forget the mirror up, mirror side, blinker sequence
- Respect the speed limits
- Read the signs
- Hear the instructor
- If you make a mistake, say it clear to the instructor, ask for apologize and ask to try again to make it correctly. (I missed my way and I did this successfully)

Don't forget the Prüfer once is in your car he has your new license in his pocket because if you are OK you will receive in this same moment your license! Think about that and enjoy the trip
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
31/07/06 17:49 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
thanks man.. that was a good tip.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
31/07/06 18:26 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Relax and drive......do keep breathing time to time :-)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
31/07/06 19:50 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
I am sure that you must have heard these things a lot of times from your instructor. Any way just a reminder.

Pay particular attention to 30 Zones. Never overspeed. Go in second gear in 30 zones.

Right before Left Rule - very important. You must look into right hand road explicitly , else the prüfer may say that you have not 'kontroll' it properly.

While turning right or left pay attention to pedestrains crossing the road and cyclists.
Also do not forget to look about the shoulders.

Look about the shoulders while changing lanes- very important.

Change to first gear when entering parking places.

If possilbe do not overtake Buses with hazard warning lights on.

Stop at STOP lines (of course, where there are traffic lights and the lights are green you go on) .
Be careful about No Entry signs (In 30 zones you will find these in plenty, with the additional note anlieger frei)

Never change lanes at zebra crossings,traffic signal crosses, just infront of traffic lights. The prüfer might ask you to go to left or right in these places(kind of a forced error). Wait until you are in the correct place before you change the lane.

Do not cross unbroken lines. You may cross them only if that lane is obstructed and you are forced to cross it.

While turning left pay attention to traffic coming from opposite direction.

Do not forget your seat belt and to release hand brake before you start off(It seems many driving tests end in the first minute because of this)

You must know where are all the controls and how to check the oil and water inside the bonnet.High Beam, Nebelschluss and Nebelschein lights are often asked and how the Nebelschluss light and high beam lights are indicated in the panel. ( The prüfer could ask you about any symbol in the panel, including the lichthmaschine symbol)

At some places there are exclusive set of traffic lights for turning left. Dont get confused in these places (with normal set of traffic lights). Your instructor must have taken you to these tricky places (if any in your area )at least once.

Pay attention to exclusive Bus lanes, some times they are written on the road.

In a oneway road, when you want to turn left , go to the left most lane before turning , unlike in a normal two way road.

And relax and drive, even if you are bit tensed just before the exam , every thing will be okay once you start the car.

Good luck !
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 12:50 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Thank you all for your help. I am holding a german driving licence in my hand.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 14:49 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Congrats Faisal.

One question about the German Driving License. Is it tied to the residence permit in germany. For example, if a foreigner get the driving license and leaves germany after lets say 3-4 years for ever. Is the driving license still valid.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 15:07 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Congrats faisalm.
Have you tried renting a car after getting the DL. You will be surprised.

About the validity of German DL : As per my understanding it is valid for life. Correct me if i am wrong.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 16:47 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
@Sejoka

Mind sharing with us your experience with car-renting?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 17:41 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
No one is willing to rent a car to a fresh DL holder. You should be holding a DL for minimum one year. I have approached a couple of rental offices and all gave the same reply.

Any one had any other experience ?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 17:46 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
try with europcar! they will definitely rent a car for fresh DL holder.

regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 18:26 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Sgattu,

Thanks for the info. I asked other rental companies and they told one year restriction is observed in all rental companies in Deutschland.
Anyway i shall try my luck with Europcar.

Interestingly i have found this info in Europcar website from "Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen" for Germany.

Please see the last line .

----------------------------------------------------

COUNTRY RENTAL CONDITIONS

Rental conditions per country are subject to change without prior notice. Please check at pick-up time.

DEUTSCHLAND
Steuer: 16%.

Flughafen Servicepauschale: Details erfragen Sie bitte bei Ihrer Europcar Station oder im Call Center.

Mindestalter: 19, 21,23, 25 oder 30 abhängig von der Fahrzeugkategorie.

Zusätzliche Fahrer: Mit der Zustimmung des Mieters können andere Personen als Fahrer eingetragen werden. Vertragskonditionen und evtl. anfallende Gebühren erfragen Sie bitte bei Ihrer Europcar Station oder im Call Center.

Führerschein: Gültigkeit mindestens 1 Jahr.
--------------------------------------------------
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 19:45 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Try e-sixt

In Deutschland gelten für das Mindestalter und den Führerscheinbesitz folgende Regelungen:
18 Jahre/1 Tag für Fahrzeuge der Gruppen MCMR bis CWMR,
21 Jahre/2 Jahre für Fahrzeuge der Gruppen IDMR bis LWAR, ETMR, CTMR, ITMR,
25 Jahre/3 Jahre für Fahrzeuge der Gruppen XDAR, STMR, FTMR, PTMR, LTMR, XTMR, PSMR, PSAR, XSMR, XXAR, SFMR, PFMR, LFMR, XFAR.

Means u can rent cars from group MCMR till CWMR

I had hired a car just the day after i got my license and no problem.

Enjoy
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 20:25 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
Raj ,

Thanks for the info . I shall try with Sixt next time.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 20:47 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
@Sejoka

Well, it is not as bad as having a Polish Driving License, ever heard someone managed to hire a car in Germany with PDL? :-)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 21:11 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
@Akshay

Is there difficulties for a PDL holder to rent a car in Germany ????? - curious

I think it should not be a problem for a PDL holder for more than a year to rent a car any where in EU. After all Poland is an EU member state.

If not, is it because they are stereotyped as --- you know what -- ?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 23:00 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
@Sejoka

As far as I know, having a PDL is not the same as a GDL. Even in Austria the rules are a little bit relaxed as compared to Germany. Granted these are all EU member states but still there's a difference. Don't ask me why. Because of the ease of procuring a licence, many people used to get it done from countries such as Poland and Austria. However, now the German government has woken up to this problem and does not allow you to simply make licence in these countries and drive here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"If not, is it because they are stereotyped as --- you know what -- ? "

What are they stereotyped as?? I'm curious.

Regards,

Joshua
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/08/06 23:49 en respuesta a Faisal Muhammed.
This link would give you an adequate idea about what i was hinting.

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,408650,00.html

NB: I am totally against all types of stereotypings.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott