Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Niederlassungerlaubnis requirement

Alternar
Niederlassungerlaubnis requirement
Respuesta
3/09/08 13:01
Could anyone please tell me what all documents i should take with me to KVR when i apply for Niederlassungerlaubnis.
I have gone through
http://trust7faq.wik.is/Visa/Niederlassungserlaubnis_(Permanent_Residence)
Do i need any documents other than mentioned at the above web site.Also i have basic German language skill but don't know what does it mean by knowledge of German legal systems.Do i have to go through some written exams?Do i have to inform Indian embassy after i receive Niederlassung or submit my passport.
It would be nice if someone could give me more details.
Thanks
Priya
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Niederlassungerlaubnis requirement
Respuesta
3/09/08 13:19 en respuesta a priya goyal.
You need to go through integration course and then you should get integration certificate=B1 test+orientierung test.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 13:38 en respuesta a priya goyal.
@subir

since when is Integration course necessary for a Niederlassungserlaubnis??
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 13:58 en respuesta a priya goyal.
@raj

this was told to my wife when I went to apply for my wife's NE. They told that she will continue to get 2 yrs extension. For NE she must do integration and must pass B1+orientireung.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 14:20 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Yes, Subir is right. I too was told that I need to submit my integration course certificate in order to be able to apply for NE apart from my 60 months social security payments.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 14:27 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Thanks Subir,Raj and Monty
Now you guys have really confused me.I only knew that one needs B1 and integration course when applying for Citizenship and not for NE.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 14:36 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Hi ,
Just go to AB and ask for Niederlassungerlaubnis. Do speak in German so that the Beamter knows you know little bit of language. It it totally depends on how Beamter Deals with you. If he or she is having nice day than they will not ask anything and just give you the visa. If they had a hard day then may be you will be unlucky.

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 14:38 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Yes, they asked me the other day when I went to change from NE to DG.
They haven't asked me when I got NE but now they insist to have integrationkurs at KVR.
I told them that I studied in Germany and only after showing the degree certificate, they waived me this integrationkurs. They also asked for Rentenversicherungsverlauf(Pension payments so far) document.
So it seems they now require these as well.

Hope this helps...
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 14:43 en respuesta a priya goyal.
I was told in ABH that, if one came to Germany after 2005, then he needs integration course for NE.
But for NE one should speak reasonable German.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 14:46 en respuesta a priya goyal.
@Priya,

why are you confused ?? the requirement for NE and citizenship is same. The only difference is that for Citizenship you need einbürgerung test.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 15:16 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Thanks to you all.
I only have basic German language skills,did a Grundstufe from VHS.
Does this count or i have to register myself for this Integration course.
I also checked for the Integration course and they don't have any in the next few months after work time and for me it is not possible to quit my job for joining Integration course.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 16:17 en respuesta a priya goyal.
@Priya,

This is a new law i suppose. If you were here during the old law (Greem card) before 01.01.2005
then as per the old law you need not do anything.

I was never asked, similarly there are my other collegues who got NE, who can not even speak a sentence of German :-(

But when i wanted to extend my wifes Residence permit (She came here in 2006) the beamter asked me the same Integration course. But as we do not plan to be here for long i felt it is not necessary. It only makes sense when you want a German Passport. So we produced her Grund stufe exam certi from Göthe Institute and it was all fine. The only thing she got was a 2 year Residence permit.

the thing is to make clear to the beamter that you are not planning to stay for long here. But NE is given that one day you would be a Citizen here and the Integration course makes sense.

After all NE is all but a dam paper on your passport if you stay outside Germany for more than 6 or 12 months.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/08 18:32 en respuesta a priya goyal.
I heard through the grapevine that C1 test will be mandatory requirement for citizenship effective 2010 and B1 for NE and Daueraufenthalt-EG

Does anybody have C1 here ? How difficult is it?
0 (0 Votos)

Final List for Niederlassungserlaubnis Application
Respuesta
3/09/08 21:15 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Requirements:
1)Aufenthaltserlaubnis for 5 years is mandatory.
2) Shall not be unemployed, must produce last 3 months of sallary slip at the time of application.
3) Rental home contract to prove the expenses and prove that space is enough for number of people staying there. The form can be downloaded fro myour city office website.
4) Those who got residence permit before 01.01.2005 are favoured by following items:
a) Oral german knowledge is sufficient
b) Knowledge of living in germany
c) pension plan can omitted
If you have entered after 01.01.2005, you need Integration course certificate.
5) Pass foto (Biometric)
6) 85€
7) Good luck with your beratin

For further reference and forms visit (Aachen)
http://www.aachen.de/DE/stadt_buerger/politik_verwaltung/behoerdenwegweiser/dienstleistungen/index_detail.asp?searchId=3535
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
11/11/08 16:00 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Anybody knows if the B1 level or/and the integration course are required for NE?

I came here before 2005, and I'm a fluent german speaker, but I just want to know in order to plan some time to do the test, and the integration course if required.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/11/08 19:43 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Anybody here can confirm that what JShah16 posted are facts?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
13/03/09 12:34 en respuesta a priya goyal.
I'll be fulfilling 5 years of stay/work in Germany in September 2009.
I now have BE till August 2009(My Passport was only valid till that time when I applied for BE last year, but is now valid till 2013)

Can I apply for NE say in 2-3 months, or do I have to apply for an extension of my Aufenthaltserlaubnis for the 1 month difference?

Any ideas?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
13/03/09 12:43 en respuesta a priya goyal.
If ABH interprets the law leniently it is possible and save you from bureaucracy hassle.

To be safe side apply for AE and then after 1 month go for NE.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
13/03/09 12:52 en respuesta a priya goyal.
Thank you for your answer.

I'll apply for NE early june, and see what reaction I get.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott