Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Tax return:Zweitwohnsitz with normal work and residence permit

Alternar
Hello,

I needed some info little urgent. I am not a German residence and have a company independent visa and Long term residence permit.

- I will shift from Bayern to Baden Würtemberg next year.
- I will rent a guest house (with my wife) there and searh a new flat.
- I will pay around 600€ per month (for 2 months)
- Meanwhile, I will keep my Wohnung in Bayern and pay monthly rent (aroung €500), since I can not shift my stuff 2 times.

Can I reimburse a part of money which I am gonna pay for 2 flats in my tax-return (steuererklärung)?

Can someone suggest a solution if I want to get it reimbursed?

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Tax return:Zweitwohnsitz with normal work and residence permit
Respuesta
21/10/10 11:32 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Ya you can include it in your tax return provided

you change your house due to change in workplace or

changing your house will make your travel to the work place easier( i mean the distance).

If you are changing your work place then you can claim for the house as well as the travel cost to your house on weekends ( per km 0.30€).

There is also one more way to get it in tax return. You can say that you traveled to your new work place from your house daily and claim it on per km basis. So make a calculation so that you spend less and get more in tax.

Sudar
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/10/10 12:15 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Register your BW wohnung as zwiete wohnung for you but not for your wife even though she will be moving with you. You can offset all costs for the 2nd house, but use a Steuerberater to do the taxreturns.

Why do u want to have two houses? Is the project in BW temporary? Because you can also offset your umzug costs if you are moving to BW permanently because of job instead of paying for 2 houses unless it is compulsory to have a wohnung in Bayern.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/10/10 22:50 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Thanks for useful info.
The project is permanent and I will be shifing for ever. Thing is, due to some personal reasons, I am not able to search for Wohnung. And secondly, its better to look for a Wohnung there while I am living there. In such a case, it is easier to make short-notice visits to see a flat and also I will know the city better.

But, I find it good what you suggested.

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/10/10 15:33 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
@Tony
have you heard about Zweitwohnsitzsteuer?
Some cities in Germany have this tax, see following link for more info:
http://www.zweitwohnsitzsteuer.de/?page=stadt
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3