Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Extension of Visa beyond 3 years

Alternar
Extension of Visa beyond 3 years
Respuesta
4/04/10 23:53
Hi All,
I am deputed here in Germany via an IT company from India. I have been living in Bayern since December 2007.
I currently have a Resident Permit i.e. AUFENTHALTSERLAUBNIS §18 Abs.4.S.1 AufenthG and Work Permit i.e. ARBEITSERLAUBNIS §36 BeschV.

I have two queries related to my Work Permit and Resident Permit:
1) When I went to my Ausländerbehörde to extend my AUFENTHALTSERLAUBNIS and ARBEITSERLAUBNIS he told me that according to the law it cannot be extended for more than 3 years (till Dec 2010), due the current section of my visa. Also he told me that I will have to go back to India and apply for a section change. As a resolution, my HR (who is also a German) advised me to move to a different city and apply the section change from there. According to her the Ausländerbehörde there is pretty lenient and many of my co-workers have got the section change easily. Can anyone clarify what exactly is the law? I really don't want to shift. Can any one suggest me a solution to this?

2) I also haven't applied Beschäftigung Erlaubt. Reading through this forum I discovered that I am now eligible for it because I have already completed my 2 years in Germany. What exactly do I need to tell my Ausländerbehörde for applying BE. Do I need to carry along specific documents to apply this?

Please help me with my queries. Reading through this forum makes me realise I am still a novice to German laws emoticon

Thank you,
Sam
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Extension of Visa beyond 3 years
Respuesta
11/04/10 13:42 en respuesta a Sameer Singania.
Hi Experts,
Please comment ASAP.....I need to visit Rathaus soon.

Regards
Sam
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/04/10 23:45 en respuesta a Sameer Singania.
Did you got a new contract from your German employer, or you are still working on Indian IT firm contract?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/04/10 16:59 en respuesta a Sameer Singania.
@ nonetwork

a.I was in the same situation earlier this year. My three years will be up next March(2011) and according the law of intercompany-transfers and other internal deputations, a maximum employment is possible only for three years(it was two earlier). The law also states that you should return to your home country to apply for this again. Earlier, it was required that the applicant resides in his home country for a minimum of three months before he applies for the same section. If it is possible to walk around this hurdle by applying at the different city, GO FOR IT. Perhaps they are not aware of such a law and will extend your visa here in DE. The beamtin at our ABH took a week to look it up as she had never encountered such a situation!

The relating law: #2 explains it
§ 36 Längerfristig entsandte Arbeitnehmerinnen und Arbeitnehmer
Die Zustimmung zu einem Aufenthaltstitel zur Ausübung einer Beschäftigung kann ohne Vorrangprüfung nach § 39 Abs. 2 Satz 1 Nr. 1 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes Personen erteilt werden, die von ihren Arbeitgebern mit Sitz im Ausland länger als drei Monate in das Inland entsandt werden, um
1.gewerblichen Zwecken dienende Maschinen, Anlagen und Programme der elektronischen Datenverarbeitung, die bei dem Arbeitgeber bestellt worden sind, aufzustellen und zu montieren; in ihre Bedienung einzuweisen, zu warten oder zu reparieren,
2.erworbene gebrauchte Anlagen zum Zwecke des Wiederaufbaus im Sitzstaat des Arbeitgebers zu demontieren. Die Zustimmung ist auf die vorgesehene Beschäftigungsdauer zu befristen, die Frist darf drei Jahre nicht übersteigen.

b. I also applied for BE after reading a lot on the forums. I took along all required documents(Salary slips, Rentenversicherung certificate).This was turned down with the claim that, I have my employment restricted to three years, and BE visas cannot be handed out to anyone on a restricted visa.

The related law: Section 2 #2

§ 9 Beschäftigung bei Vorbeschäftigungszeiten oder längerfristigem Voraufenthalt
(1) Die Zustimmung zur Ausübung einer Beschäftigung kann ohne Prüfung nach § 39 Abs. 2 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes Ausländern erteilt werden, die eine Aufent-haltserlaubnis besitzen und
1.zwei Jahre rechtmäßig eine versicherungspflichtige Beschäftigung im Bun-desgebiet ausgeübt haben oder
2.sich seit drei Jahren im Bundesgebiet ununterbrochen erlaubt, geduldet oder mit einer Aufenthaltsgestattung aufhalten; Unterbrechungszeiten werden entsprechend § 51 Abs. 1 Nr. 7 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes berücksichtigt.

(2) Auf die Beschäftigungszeit nach Abs. 1 Nr. 1 werden nicht angerechnet Zeiten
1.von Beschäftigungen, die vor dem Zeitpunkt liegen, an dem die Person aus dem Bundesgebiet unter Aufgabe ihres gewöhnlichen Aufenthaltes ausgereist war,
2.einer nach dem Aufenthaltsgesetzes oder der Beschäftigungsverordnung zeit-lich begrenzten Beschäftigung oder
3.einer Beschäftigung, für die der Ausländer auf Grund dieser Verordnung, der Beschäftigungsverordnung oder auf Grund einer zwischenstaatlichen Verein-barung von der Zustimmungspflicht für eine Beschäftigung befreit war.
(3) Auf die Aufenthaltszeit nach Abs. 1 Nr. 2 werden Zeiten eines Aufenthaltes nach § 16 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes nur zur Hälfte und nur bis zu zwei Jahren angerech-net.
(4) Die Zustimmung wird ohne Beschränkung nach § 13 erteilt.

Try it though, I've heard the ABH at different places think differently. Good luck.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott