Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

New Passport

Alternar
New Passport
Respuesta
26/09/05 16:36
Dear all,
I will visit my homeland around Christmas and I am planning to get a new passport with me as my current passport will expire and not renewable. The problem is that when I get the new passport, my current passport where my Aufenthaltserlaubnis is will be "Cancelled". So how can I enter to Germany on my trip back here without an Aufenthaltserlaubnis on the new passport. Anyone had such an experience?
Thanks a lot. A good day to all.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: New Passport
Respuesta
26/09/05 16:48 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Why dont you apply for the passport at your country's consulate in Germany ? so that you can have the ABH transfer your residence permit to the new passport.

I recall someone mentioning here about carrying both passports with you and showing the border police both. Maybe that could be the option for you, if you can not apply for it in Germany.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/09/05 16:55 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Hi Lacrima
Thanks for your reply. I can not apply in the consulate here because in the consulate they only extend passports and do not issue new ones. The new ones are computerized and are issued only in the home-country. Also my passport is old now and will expire so my only way is to get a new one in my homeland. I do not know if it is enough to show both passports to the police in the airport to let me in? thats why I wanted to check if anyone has this experience before. Thanks again for the reply and hope someone with this experience shares his knowledge.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/09/05 17:04 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Hi,

1.Please mention ur country of citizenship.

2. When u get a NEW passport, ANY valid VISA, residence permits etc are NOT made ineffective or invalid.
3. When the Passport authorites issue a Fresh passport they will clearly mention that the visas in the old passports are still valid. An Endorsement to this effect willbe made.

Hope the answwer puts u in ease
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/09/05 17:25 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
There is a fee of around €10 bis €15 to get "Übertragung" of your AE over new Passport and ABH does this, even, without you are required to face any "HEADACHE".

But, as in your case, you cant get new Passport here. So, go ABH and ask(rather make it sure, that its possible), whether you can get this 'Übertragung' in your homeland German Consulate. Otherwise, you should get some "TERMINE"(written) or some other proof, so that in case, you find it difficult, you may contact them.

I hope, it helps.

A.T
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/09/05 17:57 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
From my experience:
I got new passport in my country, I have asked that they give me back the old passport because of the Visum, it was not problem. The old passport I have got with stamp on it to mark that it is not valid any more. With new passport and old passport where I had my Visum/Aufenthaltserlaubnis I have entered into Austria which was the first Schengener country on my way to Germany. They've checked both passports and everything was fine.
Here in Germany I went to Landratsamt and made transfer of the Visum from old to new passport.

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/09/05 18:26 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Thank you all for your replies.
I asked a colleague here in the company and he also told me that it should be no problem to enter germany with the old and new passports because the Visa and Auft.Er will stay valid on the old passport even the passport itself is stamped as "not valid".
Thank you again for your support.
Have a nice day.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3