Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Information needed

Alternar
Information needed
Respuesta
3/01/06 17:57
Hi ,

I am an Indian working here as Project leader in software company. I am staying here from last four months and I have a work Permit till 2010. My wife had joined me recently here on the dependent visa.Before coming here she was also working in the same company as a software Engineer with around 3 years of experience. She went to USA on business visa for 3 months also.
I want to know that how can she find a job in her field and what we need to do with respect to her visa , since she is having a dependent visa right now.

Please help with your valuable information
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Information needed
Respuesta
4/01/06 12:54 en respuesta a Niraj Kumar.
Since your wife is on a dependent visa, she needs special permission from the Arbeitsamt (local employment office)to work.
To get the permission from Arbeitsamt she has to find a job and with the job offer she needs to approach the Auslanderamt (Alien office, where you have done your registration locally)
Auslanderamt forwards this to Arbeitsamt and then there will be a job check to see if any locals or EU persons are qualified for this job. This may take some time , may be about 6 weeks or so. I am not sure about the time period.

When that check is done and none turns up for this job, Arbeitsamt will give consent and your wife will get workpermit.

This is the usual procedure.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
4/01/06 13:15 en respuesta a Niraj Kumar.
Thanks a lot for your information..

I just wanted to ask that how much difficult is to find a job for a software professional , which my wife is .
Can you suggest me the way to start this process?
Right now she doesn't know German. She has just started intensive course to learn German.
Thanks a lot in advance.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
4/01/06 14:50 en respuesta a Niraj Kumar.
Niraj,

How difficult is a good question. Well, you have to try for the job in order to find out the answer It depends on your wifes skill set and the prospective firms

If you are concerned about the German language, i would say , in most of the cases it will be necessary. Some international companies does not require German language skills. As i said earlier, start trying and you will find out.

There are people who came on a dependent visa and found jobs, but they are few in number.The bottom line is , it is not impossible.

I know one place where German is not much of a problem. It is the place where you are working right now. Just joking emoticon
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott