Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE and family

Alternar
NE and family
Respuesta
31/05/05 23:48
Hello,
If I get the NE, do my wife and my baby also get the NE automatically?
Thanks for the help.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: NE and family
Respuesta
1/06/05 3:47 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Hi,

I got NE few weeks ago. My wife got a normal extension, when she is 5 years in DE she will get her NE. My two daughters (3 and 1.5 years) got an Aufenthaltserlaubnis until they are 16 years old.

Hope this helps

wsh
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 13:00 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Hi Wsh
thanks for your reply.
Lets say you get the german Citizenship after 3 years. Will your family also get the german citizenship or they only get the NE or erlaubnis?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 13:25 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@wsh

are the kids in your wife's pass? I will apply for mine to, and I know that my wife will have an extension but for the kids, as they are in my wife's pass, I think that normally their extension will be related to their mother's as it as always been the case. Asking myself if the 16 years thing will also apply to them then.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 13:27 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@zash
in case they are younger than 18 or 21, the kids can get the citizenship, but not the wife, she has to wait til she does her 8 years, AFAIK.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 14:55 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@Nobody

I am not sure what would have happened if my kids didn't have their own passports. I guess it would make sence to get separate passports for them to get things easier.

I think the rule for citiy´zenship for kids is that they get it after 3 years from any of the parents' NE!! I am not sure.

Wsh
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 15:06 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@Nobody

i read somewhere in citizenship law that your wife and kids will be given citizenship at the same time you get yours citizenship. The only requirement for your wife is that she should have lived in DE since last 4 years.
8 years req. is for the main applicant.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 15:57 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@wsh

the fact is that in my country, a kid can't have his own passport until he is at least 12 yo, so my kids are way from that, reason why they are in my wife's passport.

The only tricky thing is that if I want to travel with them somewhere I need a visa for, without their mother, then I will have to get them on my passport too as I can't get a visa for them and travel with me with their mother's passport.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 16:40 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Hello ALL,

What MH wrote seems very interesting. Can anyone confirm it or tell the link to find info about that exactly?

------------------------------------------------
MH wrote:
"i read somewhere in citizenship law that your wife and kids will be given citizenship at the same time you get yours citizenship. The only requirement for your wife is that she should have lived in DE since last 4 years.
8 years req. is for the main applicant."
------------------------------------------------
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 16:56 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@MH

Everyone has to stay for 8 years to apply for Citizenship and there is no concession to wife or husband regarding this issue.

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 16:59 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Hi rajeshspg
What about the kids? should they also wait 8 years?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 17:07 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@zash

StAG § 10
(1) Ein Ausländer, der seit acht Jahren rechtmäßig seinen gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt im Inland hat, ist auf Antrag einzubürgern, wenn er

1. sich zur freiheitlichen demokratischen Grundordnung des Grundgesetzes für die Bundesrepublik Deutschland bekennt und erklärt, dass er keine Bestrebungen verfolgt oder unterstützt oder verfolgt oder unterstützt hat,

die gegen die freiheitliche demokratische Grundordnung, den Bestand oder

die Sicherheit des Bundes oder eines Landes gerichtet sind oder eine

ungesetzliche Beeinträchtigung der Amtsführung der Verfassungsorgane des

Bundes oder eines Landes oder ihrer Mitglieder zum Ziele haben oder die

durch Anwendung von Gewalt oder darauf gerichtete Vorbereitungshandlungen

auswärtige Belange der Bundesrepublik Deutschland gefährden, oder

glaubhaft macht, dass er sich von der früheren Verfolgung oder

Unterstützung derartiger Bestrebungen abgewandt hat,

2. freizügigkeitsberechtigter Unionsbürger oder gleichgestellter Staatsangehöriger eines EWR-Staates ist oder als Staatsangehöriger der Schweiz eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis auf Grund des Abkommens vom 21. Juni 1999 zwischen der Europäischen Gemeinschaft und ihren Mitgliedstaaten einerseits und der Schweizerischen Eidgenossenschaft andererseits über die Freizügigkeit (BGBl. 2001 II S. 810) besitzt oder eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis-EU oder eine Niederlassungserlaubnis oder eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis für andere als die in den §§ 16, 17, 22, 23 Abs. 1, §§ 23a, 24 und 25 Abs. 3 und 4 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes aufgeführten Aufenthaltszwecke besitzt,

3. den Lebensunterhalt für sich und seine unterhaltsberechtigten Familienangehörigen ohne Inanspruchnahme von Leistungen nach dem Zweiten oder Zwölften Buch Sozialgesetzbuch bestreiten kann,

4. seine bisherige Staatsangehörigkeit aufgibt oder verliert und

5. nicht wegen einer Straftat verurteilt worden ist.

Satz 1 Nr. 1 findet keine Anwendung, wenn ein minderjähriges Kind im Zeitpunkt der Einbürgerung das 16. Lebensjahr noch nicht vollendet hat. Von der in Satz 1 Nr. 3 bezeichneten Voraussetzung wird abgesehen, wenn der Ausländer das 23. Lebensjahr noch nicht vollendet hat oder aus einem von ihm nicht zu vertretenden Grund den Lebensunterhalt nicht ohne Inanspruchnahme von Leistungen nach dem Zweiten oder Zwölften Buch Sozialgesetzbuch bestreiten kann.

(2) Der Ehegatte und die minderjährigen Kinder des Ausländers können nach Maßgabe des Absatzes 1 mit eingebürgert werden, auch wenn sie sich noch nicht seit acht Jahren rechtmäßig im Inland aufhalten.

(3) Weist ein Ausländer durch eine Bescheinigung nach § 43 Abs. 3 Satz 2 des Aufenthaltsgesetzes die erfolgreiche Teilnahme an einem Integrationskurs nach, wird die Frist nach Absatz 1 auf sieben Jahre verkürzt.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 17:16 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
@ NoBody

Thanks for the detailed info of the law. Very helpful. So it says in the paragraph in Bold that the wife and the kids would get the citizenship without the 8 years. Also if someone proves the Integration course, 7 years are enough.
Does anyone know how can we take this integration course?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 18:33 en respuesta a ziad Ashkar.
Hallo,

For your family, there is no requirment of 8 years. only after 4 years can spouse (wife) get DE Nationality. That means u can apply when u have completed 7 years if at that time your wife is at least 3 years in Deutschland, u can put at the same time an application for her, because the processing time can be around 1 year more.

Here is some detailed info for you:´

Anspruchseinbürgerung 34
Können meine
Familienangehörigen
miteinbürgert werden?
Ja. Kinder und Ehegatten
können mit Ihnen zusammen
eingebürgert werden. Die
Miteinbürgerung dieser
Angehörigen kostet dabei
100 DM pro Person (siehe
Seite 19).