Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Job in Ingolsadt

Alternar
Job in Ingolsadt
Respuesta
16/10/10 19:57
Hi,
I got a job offer at Ingolstadt for 60,000€PA.
I have never lived in Bayern before. Has anyone any experience in living in Ingolstadt , is it costly or cheap, how is life compared to life in other German cities. Living in Munich and travelling will be my next option, bu not sure about the public transport facilities at Ingolstadt.

If anyone has any input, it will be great.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Job in Ingolsadt
Respuesta
16/10/10 22:24 en respuesta a Reddy Babu.
Hi Reddy

I lived in Ingolstadt.

Apart of Hamburg, I guess Bayern the most expensivle place to live.

The option of living in Munich and travel to IN you can forget it from the beginning. You have one train per hour but is crowded and expensive like hell. The Autobahn is also crowded in both directions on the peak hours.

Ingolstadt is a very strange city, where the "top Verdiener" (MediaMarkt Zentrale is there and therefore all the top authorities, Audi, EADS etc etc) live with the normal people. Prime minister of Bayers Seehofer lives there also.

For sure is cheaper than Munich. You can even live in a house whith this money, if you are willing to "travel" 10 km per day. In my opinion you need a car (sorry to contradict you but the transportation is BAD - only buses, no trams, no subways).

The city is ticking by the clock of Audi: if Audi is OK, everything is OK. If no, everything is wrong. Is a little bit boring, mostly on the weekends, but I made good friends there.

Worst for last, the Ausländerbehörde of IN is one of the worst in Germany, even more if your name starts with the same than mine (last name first letter X = Herr Whathever, a terrible disgusting bad mooded no english speaking Bayerish guy) who made my life difficult there...
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/10/10 1:15 en respuesta a Reddy Babu.
Thanks a lot YO. Even when I was at Ingolstadt for the interview, I too felt the same. The city is quite dead, does not match to any normal German city. I am currently from Frankfurt and would think 3 times before changing my job.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/10/10 4:22 en respuesta a Reddy Babu.
Hi again

well, of course all depends on your situation: if you are married or single, starting or on the top of your career, etc etc.

I wouldn´t reject the offer for the city. I know MUCH worst places than IN. In only mean is a quite peacefull city, too peacefull for youngs...

Another point (mostly for weekends) Munich is ca. 70 km south, Nurnberg is 90 km north,

Please check the prices of rents in immoscout24.de
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/10/10 14:13 en respuesta a Reddy Babu.
Hi YO,

can I believe my eyes? You are still around :-)

I am happy that you still share your valuable experiences with us!

In this specific case we should add that your 'Ingolstadt' time is gone for many years and this very special Beamter should be on pension meanwhile.

Viele Grüße aus Reinickendorf nach Charlottenburg!
Detlef
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/10/10 0:39 en respuesta a Reddy Babu.
@trust7:

Detlef!

Nice to know about you, Oh Master of this Forum!

Well, to be honest, I never left you guys. Between my duties of humble Mitarbeiter and the duties of father I´m really dead to answer, but I always read all.

To be honest, I don´t think Herr Whatever is Rentner yet. What I know for sure is the things changed drastically and he has not the power he had as before. All is pretty more clear now and the "freedom to decide" of them is now pretty small: almost all the cases are now described and solved. Most of all thanks of people like you who were always raising your voice again unfairness.

We are in contact!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/10/10 19:13 en respuesta a Reddy Babu.
Yeah, Bayern is really expansive, but is Ingolstadt, too? It's not as big as Munich. I think it's a cheaper living there.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott