Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

visa extension and new Ausweis

Alternar
visa extension and new Ausweis
Respuesta
28/09/11 21:49
Dear Friends,

I have questions regardig visa extension and Ausweis. I came to Germany in January and I recived the visa for 1 year though my contract is unlimited.
My wife will be travelling to India in Oct. and will be staying till january, so I applied for an extension.
The problem is that the auslandersamt informed me that visa extension will take around 6-8 weeks, as first they have to check from Arbietsamt and later the new Ausweis can take further 6 weeks. By this time my wife would have already left.

My questions are :
1. Can Arbeitsamt say no for further extension, even without any problem and how long does it normally take.
2.How will this new Ausweis work, can I courier this Ausweis later to my wife and she comes with this Ausweis?

Looking forward to your answer to this cutting edge question :-)
0 (0 Votos)

Re: visa extension and new Ausweis
Respuesta
2/10/11 11:09 en respuesta a Punar Punar.
Hello, please tell us as well in which state you live, it helps in answering.

I live in Hessen and those "waiting times" are most often exagerated. What I usually do and to start the procedures and then call them nicely and regularly and within 2 or 3 days everything is sorted out and solved. Don't forget, you paid taxes into their system, so they have a point you working here and not in UK, US or Switzerland. The lady at the reception might not know that but the bosses do know that.

My advice is start all the necessary procedure and call them to speed it up. It works!

Cheers
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/10/11 12:13 en respuesta a Punar Punar.
@TS

ABH will not send the card to you by post. The applicant should collect the card in person. The ABH will inform you when to pick up the card.

for more details please check here http://www.expatforum.com/germany/new-biometric-residence-permits-for-germany.html

When I applied for the new visum (in my case it was NE/DE), the lady in ABH informed me I could have either the electronic or the paper version. Since, your wife is travelling you could get the visum in the passport now and the electronic version once your wife is back.

Is there someone who already has this new electronic card, if so how long did it take for you? The link I provided says 6 weeks maximum.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/10/11 13:44 en respuesta a Punar Punar.
well, when the "visa officer issues you the electronic chip card for residence permit OR residence permit on paer".
One question :- when a person takes the chip, that is great when he/she stays in Germany. What happens when this person has travelled to India on a vacation and during return he/she has only chip and no paper. In India they can stop you from travelling if they do not understand the electronic chip.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott