Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Status of work Permit

Alternar
Status of work Permit
Respuesta
29/10/05 13:09
Hi,

I am from Pakistan. I got the job in a company in Germany in 2001. I have had its work permit (Green Card).
This work permit was issued initially for the period of five years.

But unfortunately after working several days I came back home due to some personnel reason.
Till then I am here in Pakistan. Now I would like to know about the status of that work permit (Green Card).
Is that work permit still useful for me in order to work in Germany?

When I went to Germany in 2001 on that work permit I got the visa from German Consulate. This was the single entry visa which issued by the German Consulate.

So please let me know about the status of the work permit.

Regards

Sharbat
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Status of work Permit
Respuesta
29/10/05 16:52 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
No, your permit is null and void. You cant work or even travel to germany with that visa now. You have to start everything new.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
31/10/05 10:00 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Thanks for your reply.
Now I am interested to come Germany On student visa.
Yesterday I am searching http://www.daad.de/deutschland/en/2.2.4.html
in order to get information related to Masters program in IT (International degree program), but I didn't find myself eligible for any master course in The field of IT.

I have had a commerce background and possessed masters degree iun commerce.Then I got One year Oracle diploma with Oracle Certifications.
Now I want to take Masters program or even in Diploma program which suits me best in the field of Information Technology.
Could some one assist in order to find the institutions where I will be eligible regarding academic.

Regards

Sharbat
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
31/10/05 10:46 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Sharbat,

I don't think German educational institutions are that degraded for earning money to enroll students of a different background. I suggest you to look for Business administration courses on the same site and not to get forget these courses probably might include CS subjects also. I did partly the search for you so check it yourself,
http://daad.de/deutschland/studium/idp/04709.en.html?faechergruppe=03&lehrbereich=290&sprache=2&abschluss=6&ort=&enter.x=107&enter.y=11
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/11/05 12:31 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Hi,

As I know several universities in UK offer Master's program in IT for non computing degree holders especially for foreigners.
Even some universities offers Master in ORacle application with non computing back ground.
That's why I am interested to get IT Education from GERMANY because several universities are not charging any tution fees.
Could someone assist in this regard?
I am very keen to take IT masters degree or IT diploma from German institution.

Thanks

Sharabat
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/11/05 13:05 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Even some universities offers Master in ORacle application, I think you're confusing university studies and certifications, there's no such thing as Master in Oracle applications.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/11/05 14:46 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
maybe at Oracle "university"? :-P
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/11/05 11:47 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Besides Master in Oracle application, is there any university in Germany which offering masters program in IT for non computing background candidate?

Thanks

sharbat
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/11/05 12:16 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
"is there any university in Germany which offering masters program in IT for non computing background candidate?"

No.. not that I know of. If there is one, you should be able to find it in the daad link given in the thread. Sorry, we can not babyfeed you all the info. Most people here have IT Education and therefore mostly not interested in the Universities which offer Master degree for non-IT people etc.. by the way, is there an University which offers master in medical science for IT Graduates.. emoticon

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/11/05 12:54 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Dear sharbat,

Your best bet is to join an MBA Program with major in Information Technology.

http://www.mba-association.de/

http://www.b-school-net.de/MBA_news/archive_2003/fibaa_29092003.htm
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/11/05 16:51 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Hi Akshay,

I think you have lots of confidence in sharbat than all others. People are trying to give details in english and he still doesnt get it, but you have sent links in german. Next he will be asking where to go for a german course ;-). Maybe you can also give those links for german course before he comes up with that question and also the link to babelfish translator from german to english. Maybe people still think there are maharajas and someone will do their work for them :-)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/11/05 10:16 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
I am thankful to all of you who replied me and gave useful information.
My friend said that MBA with major In IT is suitable form me.
Regarding IT I have got One year ORACLE Diploma and six months IT certification.
Should this computing education counts, I mean on the basis of these IT education and my MCOM degree should I apply for masters In IT in GERMANY.
Should I prepare RPL in order to prove that I have had IT knowledge?
Some people can't like my postings in that forum for those please accept my apologies.

Thanks

Sharbat
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/11/05 11:10 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
It is not allways neccessary to have Bachelor in the same area where you want to get Master (for example IT). I have Shipbuilding Dipl.Ing(~Master) and I can do Maschinenbau-Informatik or BWL Master or MBA.

Actually MBA is good example. It is basicaly BWL and it can be done even if you do not have BWL Bachelor.

Back then I saw few IT Master Studiengänge which accept any technik bachelor.
Sometimes you have to do few exams before starting. However you should read Studiumvoraussetzungen in details.

One tip: Uni or TU will probably ask for the same Bachelor but FH or TFH will be satisfied with your experience and "Diplom" in Oracle.
And you can get the same IT Master on FH or TFH too.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/11/05 14:11 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
Not a bad idea to look for Fachhochschule, which is called University of Applied sciences but then it would be very difficult to get a seat if your background is completely different. Even if you managed to find one the language of instruction will be in German. In some cases you will have to prove the basic concepts of IT by taking an aptitude kind of test. I still suggest you to look for Business administration courses, which consist of IT subjects.

Good luck!

@DvD
Your degrees are related in some sense but as I said there might be some UNI.s in Germany who are looking for money to fund their projects and bring their UNI. to limelight might take students of any background. Very few of them exists so better to choose a field, which can help you to save the things you have already learned and make a good career out of it.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/11/05 14:36 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
OKAY I have to break by silence for this post.

Dear Mr. Sharbat,

Let me explain you in detail, BCOM is only recognized in Pakistan and India as a bachelor degree because you have this degree after completing 2 years, and same with MCOM. If I am not wrong MCOM is for 1 year. Or even if it is for 2 years in order to do MASTER PROGRAM in any field (i.e) Master in Computer sciences (or some think similar), MBA etc…you have to provide then a full length qualified degree equal to 3 - 4 years studies in bachelor problem. Your one year ORACLE DIPLOMA gain from Pakistan corner shop (so called IT institute) or any other IT certification will not be count.
You can transfer you credit towards any Master program, but in most cases you have to do a foundation course which is almost for 1 year.
http://www.daad.de/deutschland/index.en.html , http://www.daad.de/deutschland/en/2.2.4.html
http://www.mba-association.de/
http://www.b-schoo...03/fibaa_29092003.htm
http://daad.de/deutschland/studium/idp/04709.en.html?faechergruppe=03&lehrbereich=290&sprache=2&abschluss=6&ort=&enter.x=107&enter.y=11

(Go to these links and you will find all the information you need) or try Google.

hope this will help.

rabzee
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/11/05 14:55 en respuesta a Marjina Khan.
@rabs,

Bcom is of three years & Mcom is Of Two Years duration.

Thanks,
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18