Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

permanent residence of another country while studying here

Alternar
Hallo.
I have some doubts reg. becoming a permanent resident of another country while studying in Germany.

I am doing my Masters in germany and due to family reasons, I must shift to the Netherlands next year. My german student visa is valid till feb 2007 and i can finish my masters by summer 2006. i want to know if I can get a visa for the netherlands now, and still continue my studies in germany. Will there be any problem if I become a permanent resident of the Netherlands while studying here? Would it affect my student status or my masters course here?

It would be really helpful if someone can answer my question.
Thanks.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: permanent residence of another country while studying here
Respuesta
25/11/05 10:00 en respuesta a K S.
I don't think so

AFAIK you can have different visas for different countries without problem IMHO.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/11/05 12:47 en respuesta a K S.
A Schengen visa normally allows you to travel in all the Schengen space without the need of visa and to stay in a Schengen country for a maximum of 3 months (in case you're not back to where the visa belongs).

For staying more than 3 months in a row, you will need to register in the country you will be staying and for that, you will have to request of visa from that country, and this means, you will be loosing the visa of the originating country.

So I do think this will lead to a problem, and I dunno how long is the "out-of-Netherlands" allowed time not to loose yourresidency there, for Germany, it's 6 months.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/11/05 12:57 en respuesta a K S.
if you will be near Nederland than it should be no problem. oder?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/11/05 13:08 en respuesta a K S.
DvD & Nobody, thanks for your replies.
Well, I will reside in Germany most of the time till around July 2006. And I will shift to the Netherlands after that. My visa processing for the Netherlands will be easier if I apply along with my husband, now. So, I will have to register as a permanent resident in the NL sometime around April 2006, if everything goes on fine. If I do so, can I still continue my studies without any problem in Germany? (My German student visa is valid till Feb 2007.)
Thanks!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/11/05 14:09 en respuesta a K S.
Off course.

But as NoBody says take care about conditions to keep visa.
to keep german visa you should not be out of D more than 6 months.
for NL visa I don't know. maybe there are no conditions. you will have to check it.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
30/11/05 11:08 en respuesta a K S.
Thanks a lot! It clarifies my doubts.
emoticon
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK