Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re-Entering Germany ? with BE

Alternar
Re-Entering Germany ? with BE
Respuesta
4/02/06 15:51
Hi

Me and my had BE valid till end-2007. We decided to leave Germany and settled into a Non-EU country. For some business (meeting) I have to go some European country. Do I need to apply for visit visa ? Or I can still travel on my OLD BE Visa (resident). I left Germany in mid-Dec-2005.

Thanks in advance

Jose
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Re-Entering Germany ? with BE
Respuesta
4/02/06 19:30 en respuesta a sam jose.
Hello Jose,

after having decided to leave Germany, you went to Ausländerbehörde (Alien Office) for Abmeldung (Deregistration), that you won't live in Germany any more. In that case your residence permit must have been cancelled. What did the officials say to you? Did you ask them?

If not, I think you can go to Schengen Country until your 6th month absence in EU (ie. until mid May 2006). Check your passport if it is still valid or not.

For England, Ireland or Switzerland, you must get a visa, even if your residence permit is still valid.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/02/06 3:46 en respuesta a sam jose.
@Klenze17

For England, Ireland or Switzerland, you must get a visa, even if your residence permit is still valid.

Correction:
No Visa is Required to Switzerland for Indian nationals holding:
- a valid permanent residence permit (recognised by the Federal Office of Migration see list) of an EU or an EFTA country. Germany is in the Migration list.

http://www.eda.admin.ch/india_dlh/e/home/trav.html
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/02/06 10:34 en respuesta a sam jose.
Hi

Thanks for feedback.

actually I didnt do anything , then some one did my de-registration on my behalf. It worked.
So if I get it right , I can travel to EU with in 6 month ?

Hope I will work. Should I ask German consulate about this , to be on safe side ?

regards

Jose
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/02/06 22:45 en respuesta a sam jose.
actually I didnt do anything , then some one did my de-registration on my behalf. It worked. So if I get it right , I can travel to EU with in 6 month ?

Was your residence permit wrt. BE cancelled or not, when leaving Germany? If yes, you can't (you need a visa). If no, yes emoticon

You said you didn't go to Ausländerbehörde. That means a person from HR at your ex-company did it. Didn't they give you any information about this?

Hope I will work. Should I ask German consulate about this , to be on safe side ?

You can always ask to your Embassy of course.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/02/06 11:11 en respuesta a sam jose.
If your intention when you were leaving Germany was to leave permanently, then according to law your residence permit is immediately becoming invalid.

§ 51 Beendigung der Rechtmäßigkeit des Aufenthalts

(1) Der Aufenthaltstitel erlischt in folgenden Fällen:

6. wenn der Ausländer aus einem seiner Natur nach nicht vorübergehenden Grunde ausreist,

What other people said (regarding 6 Months) is only the condition Nr. 7 .

wenn der Ausländer ausgereist und nicht innerhalb von sechs Monaten oder einer von der Ausländerbehörde bestimmten längeren Frist wieder eingereist ist
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott