Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Travel Question.

Alternar
Travel Question.
Respuesta
22/11/05 16:12
Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new in Germany and I have an Aufenthaltstitel for 3 years. My question is related to travel outside of Germany on vacations. I hold an Indian Passport. There are some countries for which Germans do not require a visa. Would I also not require a visa in such cases or will I have to apply for one. Is my Indian passport any different now?

Thanks,

Joshua.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Travel Question.
Respuesta
22/11/05 17:06 en respuesta a Joshua SJ.
"There are some contries for which Germans do not require a visa", but as far as I can see, you're not German, are you? So you will need a visa for all the countries where you want to travel, except if the country is in the Schengen Space or if it's a country for which an Indian-passport holder doesn't need a visa.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/11/05 18:05 en respuesta a Joshua SJ.
Joshua,

A link which may be of interest to you.

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/aamt/buergerservice/faq/kat0/F15

Sejo
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/11/05 21:42 en respuesta a Joshua SJ.
Yes, you're right. I'm not a German, yet. I intend to stay in Germany permanently with my wife. Thanks for the info. The link indicates that I do not require a visa for travel within Schengen States. I guess the best thing to do is that I should contact the respective embassy when I want to travel outside.

This site is extremely valuable and helpful. I'm quite new here and do not understand most of the rules. I know it might sound dumb but I don't even understand most of the things like BE, BG, Ne etc.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Joshua.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/11/05 13:07 en respuesta a Joshua SJ.
"I don't even understand most of the things like BE, BG, Ne etc", time will come when they will start being your daily language ;-) But I'm summing up the frequent questions asked here and I'm building a list of answers, like some kinda FAQ and I will propose it for the FAQ when I will be finished.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/11/05 13:36 en respuesta a Joshua SJ.
That would be immensely helpful. Looking forward to it. I have several other doubts over driving licence, integration course etc. A centralized FAQ would be great.

Joshua.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/11/05 16:16 en respuesta a Joshua SJ.
Hi Joshua,

If you have a Valid Work permit and Residence Permit from Auslanders Behorde in Germany.

You can travel in all EU countries (Not sure of the newly added ones). You can also travel to Switzerland without any additional visa.

But if you want to go to UK, You would need a seperate Visa.

I have personally travelled to France and Swithzerland and Italy by having just a valid Residence permit from ABH.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/11/05 17:20 en respuesta a Joshua SJ.
Hi Savion,

Thanks for your input. That helps me a lot I think. I do have a Valid Work permit and Residence Permit from Auslanders Behorde in Germany therefore, I don't think I will have any trouble.

Thanks again,

Joshua.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3