Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

New German work visa timeframe

Alternar
New German work visa timeframe
Respuesta
30/08/05 7:39
Hi everyone,

I have a question on the timeframe of obtaining a german work visa. I have been living in the united states for 10 years and currently hold a regular work visa (H1emoticon there. I have a job offer in Germany at a small I/T consulting company at the management / IT Architect level for 105k euros. I also have completed the abitur back in high school (don't know if this helps) and completed college in the states (don't know if this helps either). And lastly I am a turkish citizen.

In any case my question is, how long should I expect the work visa to take? My employer has limited experience with work visas and no experience with the new law in place since 1/1/05.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

mutludo
0 (0 Votos)

Re: New German work visa timeframe
Respuesta
30/08/05 13:17 en respuesta a Doruk Mutlu.
Hi Mutludo

Well, first of all your company must start the papers in the foreigner office (ABH or Ausländerbehörde) of the town in where the company is. There is a form that your future boss have to fill to start all the process.

Usually this paper goes internally to the work office (Arbeitsagentur or AA) and they authorize you to comming to Germany.

Well, for the level of your salary, all will be super fast. Above 85000 Euro you get a permanent residence permit with not too much questions. You only probably have to assist to a german course.

In my case all the process took 5 weeks. Your case I think may be less, but all is on how constant is your boss calling ABH once he filled the forms.

Good luck and can you tell us which city will be?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
30/08/05 14:34 en respuesta a Doruk Mutlu.
Thank you for your quick response... My job will be in Munich. Also the timeframe you gave me (5 weeks) seems a little short to me. Will there be no advertising requirement for this position?

Thanks!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
30/08/05 14:47 en respuesta a Doruk Mutlu.
Hi Mutludo

Have you been drinking?

I mean 5 weeks is the time your papers may require. The date you have to start you negociate with your company. I think you will have about 6 months validity in this work permit or even your boss can say "Mutludo will start 2.02.2008" and they will stamp it on the temporal permit.

I don´t know what you mean with "Advertisig requirements". If you are trying to say post in the newspapers here in Germany for three months etc etc I think is part of the past (that was made with my position). Nowadays I think (hope) is more faster than this.

OK, Mutludo. Just tell us which kind of work and when we see the post in the paper we will present our resumes and ask for 104K just to bother!!! (= Joke!)
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott