Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Changing job

Alternar
Changing job
Respuesta
12/03/07 13:06
Hi all,

I am currently working full time with my work permit valid till 31/07/07. My work permit is binded to the company.

My question is, can i change my job and shift to a better job offer in another company? whats the procedure and is there any darker side to such an activity?

what if i loose my current job in july invalidating my work permit, do i have to leave the country instantly on loosing the job?

my current employer is unaware of my , such, intentions. is it acceptable if I notify him one month before leaving the company?

thanking you
Rohit
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Changing job
Respuesta
12/03/07 21:44 en respuesta a Rohit kumar.
Hi Rohit,
You are free to change your job at any time. In your case, I think your new employer will apply a new work permit for you. Once your new work permit is ready, you can notify your current empolyer for your leaving. As defined by your contract, there must be a statement of minimum notification period of leaving, which is usually six weeks before the end of the quarter. Of course, if your current employer agree, you may leave earlier than this notification period.
Most important: don't forget asking for the leaving document from your current employer. I don't have the document list at hand, usually they are:
1. document stateing your job title, starting and leaving dates, and task at your current company;
2. document stating your holiday status in this year;

good luck,

wj
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/03/07 12:37 en respuesta a Rohit kumar.
Hi wj,

Thank you for your reply. it really has brought some peace. Another thing thats bit bothering is...

what if I loose my current job ...which invalidates my work permit(bounded to the company and expires in july), what after effects can this have?

Thanking you all
Rohit
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/03/07 14:08 en respuesta a Rohit kumar.
It depends. It is case to case basis. Usually a period for the time of unemployment benefit might be given but no guarantees.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3