Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

PhD studies, visa, GC...

Alternar
PhD studies, visa, GC...
Respuesta
22/12/04 18:36
Hello,

I have been in Germany for 6 months on non-mandatory praktikum. I have Uni degree in Computer Science. Now a company wants to keep me to make a PhD thesis here (under time limited full time employment contract). However, I would not reach 39.6K euro. I am interested is there any modus I could use to apply for GC and is it known what is going to happen in 2005, are the GCs going to be issued then (and under which conditions).
I could apply now, or to wait 'til 2005. My PhD contract could start from February 2005.

Thank you,
Nikola
0 (0 Votos)

Re: PhD studies, visa, GC...
Respuesta
22/12/04 19:18 en respuesta a Nikola Radenkovic.
Hi Nikola,

I know a case where a PhD student in IT got the greencard though he did not satisfy the minimum salary limit of 39K. In IT-AV, it is written that you have to have a Uni degree or a 51K. But in the explanation of this part, they included 39k for the ones who have a uni degree.
But the guy whom I am referring, had to go upto the court. He got the GC after fighting 3 months. As it's at the end of GC regulation, you might not be able to move for GC being a PhD. The so called greencard will not be issued after 1.1.05.

I think you can get Arbeitserlaubnis & Aufenthaltserlaubnis according to §17 of AufenthG after 1.1.05. There should not be any problems to get it.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/12/04 20:03 en respuesta a Nikola Radenkovic.
meaning you can allways get visa for PhD studium becuse ABH can not turn it down.
After you make PhD you can take jobsearch visa for one year and if you find job you can stay.

It would be litle bit better to get GC now but it is litle bit late
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/12/04 12:19 en respuesta a Nikola Radenkovic.
Hi,

For a Phd you don't need a real Workpermit. You just need a paper form the personal department that your job is a research job and the AA issues a letter back stating that this job is 'Arbietserlaunis Frei'. There is no salary limitation for this. If you want to apply for a Gc for a Phd job (it is literally not possible) beacuse the arbietsamt always is interested in the nature of the job and in your case it is Research so there is no need for them to issue a workpermit.

Best Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3