Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Applying for Blue Card and Permanent Residence Permit together

Hi everyone.

I have a question about the possibility of  applying for permanent residence permit:

I have done my PhD. in computer Science in Germany from November 2007 to december 2011. I have had a half-time work contract with the university from April 2008 to the end of my studies. 10 months out of this whole period due to maternity leave I received no salary and 2 months out of that 10 month I even officially had no work contract (the other 8 months out of the 10 months I kept the contract with zero salary).
By the way, in fact the last 6 month of 2011 my work contract changed from half time to 3/4 time.

Then since the beginning of 2012 (after finishing my PhD.),  I have been working full time in germany.

Based on this background, when do you think I may be able to apply for a permanent residence permit?
I did not apply for a BlueCard last January when I had to renew my residence permit, because I had the impression that the years that I have been studying/working in germany will be lost then and I would need to wait another 2 or 3 years (which one is the case for Bluecard, perhaps 33 months?). Is this true at all?

If I apply for a BlueCard now, Will that make me able to apply for a permanent residence permit immediately too? What makes my way shorter to get a permanent residence permit?

I will really appreciate to get reliable information from anyone with knowledge/experience about this.

By the way, if you think there is any possibility to get a german passport in near future for me, please let me know. 

regards,
Sara - 
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3