Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

bluecard applicant's spouse travel together and apply family re-union

Alternar
Greetings to all, i glad that i found a comprehensive forum of people who share their experience, these are very helpful to me.

I wish to ask for opinion or experience of you all regarding my spouse.

my situation:
i
am eligible and applied blue card from home country, embassy told me
they will issue a 90days VISA for me to enter Germany, and continue my
Blue Card application in Stuttgart foreign office.

However
embassy told me my married spouse cannot apply Blue Card together with
me, the reason is she need my APPROVED Blue Card as supporting document
to apply. That would means i will go myself to get blue card, and e-mail
my scanned Blue Card to her and she apply herself in home country.
Embassy mentioned she is allow to travel together with me as traveller,
and once i have my Blue Card, she still need to return to home country
to apply her VISA.

my immediate inquiry is:
1) i see blue card
website saying spouse can travel together, is it similiar to my case
that my wife is travel on a visitor status? or can she come in as
visitor and apply Blue Card together with me in Stuttgart Foreign
Office? i am very confuse as there is two staff in my home country
embassy, one person say she must wait for my approval; second person say
I AM NOT QUALIFY, but still i applied thru the first person. some
source saying i need to present my current VISA to apply Blue Card, so
if my wife come as visitor,she will fail this criteria.
2) i read
many different cases in internet forum, some stating wife will not get
Blue Card automatically. The statement saying she can get Blue Card if
she is qualify individually, if she is not qualify individually then she
can only get limited residence permit.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences, your experiences are golden tips for me.

Regards,
James
0 (0 Votos)

RE: bluecard applicant's spouse travel together and apply family re-union
Respuesta
10/04/13 10:37 en respuesta a Chin James.
Hi James,

they are telling you 'Bullshit'! Where are you from? Where did you apply for your work permit?

When you have a job offer/employment contract from a German company you can apply for a work permit under § 19 a, which is the so called 'Blue Card' law. Even your first 3 month in Germany are already under the Blue Card status, it is just that you will get the real plastic Blue Card when you extend the first period in Germany at the local alien office.

This means that your spouse or family can apply for the visa with the same application form at the same time as you do!

Your spouse will get a dependent visa and can accompany you or, if the verification of your marriage documents last longer, she can follow a couple of weeks later.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
10/04/13 11:06 en respuesta a trust7.
thanks for your info

I'm from Malaysia. I applied for blue card thru Kuala Lumpur German Embassy.

for my case, lets just forget about [person 2] who insist i am not qualify.

while for the [person 1], she insist i must have a APPROVED blue card as supporting document for my wife, otherwise she can apply under family-reunion but she must present German Language A1 certificate. in the end my married wife did not apply because she want to see German Language A1 certificate if she want to apply on the same day i apply. this would cause at least 4 months of separation between my wife, i am sad of this.

Would you please share where is the website you found this law? i wish to negotiate with the staff, i wish to travel together with my wife to Stuttgart on the same plane if possible.

Herr Detlef, if accord to the law you stated, that means upon my approval of 90day VISA, i am already a Blue Card, that means my wife can apply her family-reunion at the moment i receive my passport stamp? since [person 1] says my Blue Card has to be approved in order for my wife to apply (assuming Malaysia German Embassy created different law for me)

this would be a feasible case, for me to visit German Embassy in Malaysia, is 600km trip, the staff really gave me a bad surprise.

danke schone noch einmal

Regards,
James
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
10/04/13 11:45 en respuesta a Chin James.
Hi again,

here is a link (which is also on our website)

http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/residence-act/

I
 am a bit short of time today, maybe one of the other members can give more tips for James!?

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
11/04/13 11:01 en respuesta a trust7.
I read very carefully this page and i found a clue:
http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/residence-act/spouse.html

"3. the foreigner ... possesses an EU Blue Card."

if i understand correctly, that means i must possess a blue card before my wife can apply as spouse, but possess mean approved(but not yet get the plastic card), or MUST have that piece of plastic card? this is not specify in their website. looks like the embassy people can use this grey area to reject me
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
11/04/13 11:34 en respuesta a Chin James.
No, your problems are probably caused by the inexperienced officers at the Embassy. I guess there are not so many applicants in Malaysia.

I recommend to hire a consultant who is specialized in visa applications. The consultant can clear everything before you travel 600 km!

I have been on the website of the German Embassy of your country and checked if they use the same application forms as in India for example. Yes, they do. You can apply for the whole family from the beginning.

Everything I told you before is right. So do not give up!

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/04/13 3:27 en respuesta a trust7.
Thank you Herr Detlef, i trying to call and e-mail almost to anywhere that related to VISA application, so far i had no good news yet, but hopefully one of the channel i went to will reply and i will take this as a quote to negotiate with the officer here.

The local embassy is like a isolated island without manager around, as if nobody is regulating what the officer is doing behind the counter. I even overheard a student (next customer behind me) who got full scholarship from Germany University, and the officer rejected her application on the spot because the officer demand to see a few thousand EURO in her bank before she can apply student VISA.

Strange things always happen here in Malaysia. I will continue to megotiate with these people.

Thanks again for your help.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/04/13 13:19 en respuesta a Chin James.
james_chin:
The local embassy is like a isolated island without manager around, as if nobody is regulating what the officer is doing behind the counter.
The Auswärtiges Amt is responsible for overseeing the German Embassies and Consulates. You can send an email to the Bürgerservice at buergerservice@diplo.de outlining your situation and asking them for assistance.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/04/13 2:52 en respuesta a Arianne.
Dear Arianne,

Thank you very much for sharing a possible contact channel. i will t ry to contact this channel for consultation.

I managed to receive a reply from a German working inside local German Embassy. he insist that i have only two choice:
1) wait for my plastic blue card, then my wife can apply
2) ask my wife to sit for German Language exam and get A1, then she can apply

I do contacted Stuttgart foreign office, this is the reply i receive:

" die Deutsche Auslandsvertretung entscheidet welche Anträge sie annimmt.
Wenn Sie gemeinsam mit Ihrer Frau einreisen möchten, beantragt sie ein
Visum zu Familienzusammenführung und kann dann in Deutschland einen
Antrag auf Erwerbstätigkeit stellen."

i tried to translate with google, but the text is quite confusing.

To German native user,
would you please help to translate this sentence? i wish to understand what does it means.

Thank you very much in advance.

James
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3