Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Alternar
about Berlin
Respuesta
30/08/10 17:31
Hello all,
I am from India and likely go get an offer in a software company in Berlin.
Can you please advise me on the following?
1) How much is the tax? I searched in net but couldn't get a correct figure. Say, what will the take home pay in a net pay of E-3500 per month? I am married with a kid.
2) Is the international school the only option for my kids schooling OR any public school?
3) Pros and Cons of Public schooling, if any please.
4) Is it a Safe city to live with a family? Heard Eastern Berlin is not that safe. Please throw your suggestions.
5) Is there a big Indian community in Berlin?
6) Is it possible to manage without a Car?
7) How is IT job market generally in Berlin? Say, if I loose my job there, how easy/difficult to find another job?
8) Is German mandatory to jump jobs?
9) Can I easily jump jobs if i come there on Work permit? Or what are the other options?

I know I am bugging here with a lot of questions. But please understand that I am new to this place and really would like to know your valuable thoughts.

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votos)

Re: about Berlin
Respuesta
30/08/10 17:54 en respuesta a data myself.
Hello all,
I am from India and likely go get an offer in a software company in Berlin.

Welcome to Germany emoticon

Can you please advise me on the following?

1) How much is the tax? I searched in net but couldn't get a correct figure. Say, what will the take home pay in a net pay of E-3500 per month? I am married with a kid.

you will have tax class 3 and will get around 2.409 Euro in hand

2) Is the international school the only option for my kids schooling OR any public school?

international school is expensive,there are many public school and medium is German

3) Pros and Cons of Public schooling, if any please.

Don't have idea

4) Is it a Safe city to live with a family? Heard Eastern Berlin is not that safe. Please throw your suggestions.

Safer than india

5) Is there a big Indian community in Berlin?

should be ...

6) Is it possible to manage without a Car?

without car you need to walk or use public transport but walking in the sides of highway is not recommended / allowed in Germany.

7) How is IT job market generally in Berlin? Say, if I loose my job there, how easy/difficult to find another job?

It depends on skills

8) Is German mandatory to jump jobs?

not at all, if you have job offer you can change as you like

9) Can I easily jump jobs if i come there on Work permit? Or what are the other options?

If your company name is in the VISA then jumping would cost you paper work. If there is no company name in your visa - you can jump as you like. While jumping from companies to companies read the contract and jump. Here written statement are more serious ...

I know I am bugging here with a lot of questions. But please understand that I am new to this place and really would like to know your valuable thoughts.

Don't worry my friend we are here to help you.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: about Berlin
Respuesta
30/08/10 18:13 en respuesta a data myself.
I think Engineer has already answered your questions.

>>1) How much is the tax? I searched in net but couldn't get a correct figure. Say, what will the take home pay in a net pay of E-3500 per month? I am married with a kid.

http://www.parmentier.de/steuer/steuer.htm?wagetax.htm
The above mentioned calculator is in englisch and self explanatory

>>2) Is the international school the only option for my kids schooling OR any public school?

International schools are costly. Public schools are cheap but not many which teach in english. So if your children are not too old then you can try public shools are the children pick up languages very fast. If they are old, then go for international schools as you dont have much of an option.

>>3) Pros and Cons of Public schooling, if any please.

Languages is the main disadvantage

>>4) Is it a Safe city to live with a family? Heard Eastern Berlin is not that safe. Please throw your suggestions.

No idea. But a better place than Afghanistan, Iraq, India.....

>>5) Is there a big Indian community in Berlin?

There is a big International community in Berlin

>>6) Is it possible to manage without a Car?

Yes. public transport is very good

>>7) How is IT job market generally in Berlin?

You got you job from India isnt it? So i guess it is good so far.

>>Say, if I loose my job there, how easy/difficult to find another job?

If your skills are most wanted, then it is easy to find another job. Tougher would be to change the visa in the first two years.

>>8) Is German mandatory to jump jobs?

Mostly yes, but people do survive without german and depends on company and luck.

>>9) Can I easily jump jobs if i come there on Work permit? Or what are the other options?

You still havent joined the company and already talking about jumping huh :-) the other options is to stay in india :-)

Well jokes aside, one can jump as many jobs as they want provided the work permit problems are taken care of.

For basic information about germany visit the following website to get an overall idea

http://www.howtogermany.com/
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18