Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Started work on 01 Decembar 2012 on the grounds of Blue Card!

Alternar
This is the first time I join this forum I would like to share my experience so far as I have started work on 01 Decembar on the grounds of Blue Card
plus I have some questions as well.

I come form Canada and I had a job interview in Nurmberg at the It company and my degree is Bachelor of IT and got
a offer from that company and I took it so they said that they will apply for a work permit for me and a Blue Card.
Once I came to work I had a scheduled appoitment to register my residence and I have recived my temporary work permit
and had to fill an application for a Blue Card and pay 130 Euros and was told that ma BC appl. is sent to Berlin and should
get in the mail a letter with a pin code and should come again to the forigners office with that pin and he tol me to put 4 years
on the application form as for how long the BC visa lasts.
Now I am working with my temporary work visa until I get that letter with pin form Berlin and go to forigners office again
to finalize my BC application I guess.

My first question is what is the process now once I get a pin from Berlin?
Also if I get a BC will I be able to change work and if yes how should I apply for BC again or if I change my employer to
notify them and send them a new work contract?

If anybody need any more info from my short experience feel free to post a question I will be more that happy to answer and help back
the comunity in this formum which clarifed a lot of my questions I had.

Regards,

Deni
0 (0 Votos)

RE: Started work on 01 Decembar 2012 on the grounds of Blue Card!
Respuesta
14/12/12 11:06 en respuesta a deni karan.
Hi Deni,

first of all... welcome in Germany!

As soon as you got your Blue Card, there is nothing more to do for you. It will be valid for 4 years and before these 4 years are over, you have the possiblitiy to apply for permanent residence if you like.

If you want to change the employer it should be easy, as long as the new job is compatible with the Blue Card rules.

Nürnberg has one of the most famous Christmas Markets in Germany (Christkindelsmarkt) which attracs many tourists from all over the world.

Do not miss to visit it ;-

http://www.christkindlesmarkt.de/en/

D
etlef
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/12/12 15:38 en respuesta a trust7.
Thank you very much for the info.
I have already visitedthe Cristmas market in Nurmberg and it is realy wonderfull.
The city itself is realy beautifull.

regards,

Deni
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/12/12 8:52 en respuesta a deni karan.
Feedback is that I have recived a letter in my mailbox from Berlin with a pin code and I went to the rathaus forigners office for Blue Card and I have recived my Blue Card, it is for 4 years I was told but my passport expires 2014 so it is until then and when I renew my passport I was told to come to extend the date on my blue card as well.  I got a paper slip also stating that I can work for the company I have a contract from here in Numberg.  
I was supprised how fast I got the BC, it took less than 10 days from when I applied for it!

My question is what is the procedure if I wanted to change a job also im my IT field?

regards,

Deni
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3