Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Extension of greencard

Alternar
Extension of greencard
Respuesta
1/06/05 13:40
Hi all,

this is my first post.

I've a Greencard, and have been working here in Germany for approximately the last two years. My contract with my present employer ends in a few months, as does my residence/work permit.

If I find another employer, is it possible to get my residence/work permit extended?

How long does this take?

Many thanks for your time.
SM
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Extension of greencard
Respuesta
1/06/05 14:01 en respuesta a srikanth madani.
In principle according to §46 BeschV you have already unlimited work permit for IT jobs. If your Ausländeramt is well informed and acts according to law you will get the extension and new residence permit (which is simultaneously according to new law work permit) immediately.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 14:54 en respuesta a srikanth madani.
Many thanks!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 17:37 en respuesta a srikanth madani.
"My contract with my present employer ends in a few months, as does my residence/work permit."

That means that your GC was for only 2 years.
If it is so and you do not get new job quick you will have troubles to extend your Visa.

One tip. ABH usually asks for 3 months salary listing to extend Visa. So if they do not ask for Vertrag maybe you will get 1-5 years extension without new job. Try it now and search for new job at the same time.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/06/05 22:02 en respuesta a srikanth madani.
At the same time try to get unbinded Visa according to §46.2 BeschV because if they extend your Visa with binding to the old firma it is useless.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott