Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Visa Conversion to Student Visa

Alternar
Family Visa Conversion to Student Visa
Respuesta
11/02/09 0:20
I have got admission in Hochschule Hof for master program name as
"Software Engineering for Industrial Applications" .My wife is doing
PhD in Gottingen on HEC-DAAD sponsor scholarship. I am on family
reunion visa, valid up to 15-10-2009 and its extension is on yearly bases.
My master program will start on 15 March 2009 and will finished in March 2011.
My wife may be left the Germany 6 months before my master finished and then that time i will be in trouble on current status.I have asked the
international office representative in Hof about this,she asked that it is very difficult to convert visa in to student visa in my case.She
suggest me to go back to Pakistan and apply from there and also asked me to Foreigner's Office in Göttingen.
Now my question is, that is it possible that my visa will be converted to "Student Visa" from current status from the Germany. Otherwise it
is not economical and time consuming for me to go back to Pakistan and then apply for conversion.
and is it possible that if i complete my master from Germany on family visa then can i get job search visa.

Best regards

Jehangir Haider
Phone: 0049-551-3036084
Cell: 0049-17681056716
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Family Visa Conversion to Student Visa
Respuesta
12/02/09 5:22 en respuesta a jehangir haider.
I am looking for your kind reply.please give me reply as soon as possible
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/02/09 12:05 en respuesta a jehangir haider.
You dont have to go to your country to change the visa. Just take the admission letter to the foreign office and say you want to convert your dependent visa to student visa. I think your course costs 10,000 Euros fees for the two years. So have a good bank balance to show you can support yourself.

I saw that the course has two practical semesters, so to do the practical semesters you should be allowed to work which i think will not be possible with your dependent visa. You could give this reason to the foreign office people if they as why you want to change.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/02/09 6:23 en respuesta a jehangir haider.
I do not think that i need work permit for praktikum or there will any problem.Because on my family visa i am allowed to work 90 days full per year.Whereas i think same permission for the student also.

on this forum lot people post question about praktikum and members answered them go ahead with any permission.

what you say...

Here is one link for reference

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/work_permit_for_praktikum/re_work_permit_for_praktikum
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott