Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Temporary work permit - options

Temporary work permit - options
Respuesta
5/02/05 12:22
Hello forumites,

I guess my question falls into the newbies' category.

I have a fantastic job offer for a 4-7 months long contract. My salary is slightly less than those required 84K, but I believe it is possible to alter this if this is crucial.

What are my options to get this temporary work permit? As the project is about to start, the time spent on the paperwork is also important.

Here's what I came up with so far:

1. Getting a residence & work permit (a temporary one will do) for the "highly qualified". I understand that apart from earning that minimal salary, it's also possible to get into this category having some special skills - it is also feasible I think. What bothers me though is the requirement to prove that there was no matching EU candidate. I wonder how long and difficult is this process (my employer says it's very long and difficult)?

2. Registering in my home country as a self-employed and selling services to my employer. Not so good for me - I don't want to get into the hassle of being a self-employed. Also I'll have to leave Germany every 3 months then, and come again (risking being stopped on the border).

3. I found a thread in this forum implying that it is still possible to get the old-fashioned Green Card:
http://www.trust7.com.h62542.serverkompetenz.net/en/forums/visa_questions/work_permit_condition_after_1_1_05
Is it true?
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18