Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Unusual delay ( 11 weeks ) in getting the new Biometric residence permit !

Alternar
Hi Everybody,

I live in a town near Dortmund in NRW. On October 20, 2011 I have submitted my visa application for a two year work-permit extension. The lady at ABH told me that they would issue a new biometric residence permit card which would take about 6 weeks to issue.

Then on Nov 20 , I went to ABH and asked the lady if any progress happened. She again told me that I need to wait again for some weeks !! They would let me know by post.

I was surprised. Then on Jan 12 , I went to ABH again and asked one guy about the permit
status. He asked me to whom I submitted my application. I told him the lady's name. Then
the guy went to the lady , talked to her and then came back to me.
He told me that I still need to wait for six weeks !!! Then he issued me a three month
long visa till April 11.

I was so shocked. What are they doing ? More than 10 weeks have passee already. I have a strange feeling that they had simply forgot my application paper !!

I am wondering if I should complain to any higher authority in the German government.

Is there anyone here who faced the same problem ?
If so , how have you solved the problem ?
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Unusual delay ( 11 weeks ) in getting the new Biometric residence perm
Respuesta
16/01/12 22:00 en respuesta a Buetino Blue.
Hi buetino,
i m too in dortmund, i m facing the same problem like you, i too apply to extend my working-permit since oktober 2011 but up to now i still wating for it, i was issued a fiktionsbescheinigung to continue working. The lady told me the whole process is done in berlin and currently they are overloaded thats why.
i could not travel back home during my break in december because travelling with a fiktionsbescheinigung was risky, when outside EU.
I m too disappointed with this new issues, in my case too more than 11 weeks. i could not find a better solution if you have an idea how we can at least complain.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Unusual delay ( 11 weeks ) in getting the new Biometric residence perm
Respuesta
17/01/12 18:32 en respuesta a Buetino Blue.
It is indeed strange. I applied from Düsseldorf and the guy told me that it will take 3-4 weeks of time.
I waited and I got all docs and card in the 4th week.
Now you say that they are saying to wait for 6 weeks. I thought the process was introduced to make things faster but I find in Dortmund something else.

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18