Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Between now and NE ?

Alternar
Between now and NE ?
Respuesta
26/10/05 20:46
Hello All.

Currently my German Green Card has the following text on it:

'ERWERBSTÄTIGKEIT NUR UNSELBSTANDIG GEMÄß § 1 IT-AV LÄNGSTENS BIS ZUM 30.06.2006 UND GEMÄß GÜLTIGER ARBEITSERLAUBNIS GESTATTET. DIE AUFENTHALTSGENEHMIGUNG AUF SEITE 12 ERLISCHT MIT BEENDIGUNG. DER BESCHÄFTIGUNG ALS ANALYST GEM § 1 IT-AV'

I have been in Germany since 4 years and 4 months now. I am aware that I would be eligible to get a NE once I have completed my 5 years here.

Is there any recommendation from fellow Trust7'ers to get something like a BE or (??) at this stage ? which would make me better placed than just the Green card with the above text.

If yes, then what would be the benefits of moving to something like BE or (??) ?

Thanks,
Nitin.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Between now and NE ?
Respuesta
27/10/05 12:06 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi Nitin,

I see no benifits in getting BE, according to my knoweledge if you get NE you are allowed to work in any industry and for any employer and not restricted to IT as written in your visa. Once you get your NE than you have few advantages like you can work as a freelancer if you want.

cheers!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 12:08 en respuesta a Striker Me.
sorry, errors in my earlier reply ... if you get BE you can work in any industry and with any employer and not only in IT as written in your current visa. NE would make certain differences.

Cheers!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 14:15 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi Nitin
In your place, I would get the BE now. You are eligible for it, so why don't you get it. It does not cost you much but you will have work permit not bound to IT. When you complete the 5 years, you can apply for the NE. The BE would be helpful in case you lose your job in the coming months (before you get the NE).
zash
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 14:35 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Important is:
with BE your visa is not binded to your current employer.

With BE you can find a job lot easier and you will have a much longer time to do it. Without BE your visum would be gone after you lose job and you would need some new visum to search for new job. And that is always sh.ty to search job with short visum: you have short time to find job and what is even worse, nobody will employ you with that short visum.
In short we could say:
If you lose job and you
- have BE you will find new job and stay in D
- don't have BE you could easily get send home because you were not able to find job in short time
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 16:23 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi @all,
I am also in same situation as Nitin (4 years 4 months),Could you please give some details that what kind of documents are required to apply for BE.

Thanks,
Vivek
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 16:33 en respuesta a Striker Me.
I'm feeling a "Can't you use the search function?" from DvD on the way as an answer... :-)

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 17:26 en respuesta a Striker Me.
What I don't understand is, how people think that they will find any kind of job having BE in hand? You worked in IT and who the heck wants to give you job in a complete different industry? I don't think you can get a permanent job in restaurants or other areas that easily. Restaurants and other small business will look for students who will be paid hourly or sometimes even offer black jobs to cut their tax costs. Finally, BE is of no benefit for a GC holder. Like someone said it does not cost you anything so why not apply.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 18:58 en respuesta a Striker Me.
Hi Babloo,

Your is a perfectly valid point, but the gospel is "something is better than nothing". Some people have a restrictive visa where it says the aufenthals ends with the end of a job. But with this BE the aufenthalts is valid till the complete duration given. Also if some people want to change to the sales side from technical side, BE helps in avoiding complications.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/05 20:55 en respuesta a Striker Me.
raj, I can't agree anymore. :-)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/10/05 3:10 en respuesta a Striker Me.
True, BE will be helpful if one looses the job / want to change the employer /switch profession... Else it is egal. emoticonAnd no one can tell what is in store for them tommorow.
cheers
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18