Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Question for UK work permit

Alternar
Question for UK work permit
Respuesta
8/09/06 19:37
Hi friends and alvarez specially,
I had a telephone interview today and might have to attend the 2nd and final round in London next week. Can experienced GCs who moved to UK guide me on the work permit? How is it issued, who to contact and how long does it normally take.
I am asking these questions because in case the company refuses to process work permit, then I guess i gotta do it on my own.
Thanks..
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Question for UK work permit
Respuesta
8/09/06 20:02 en respuesta a GnR GnR.
If a company refuses to process the work permit, you cannot get it, however if the company dont know how to do it and you want to do it for them then it is a seperate issue. normally takes from 3 to 6 months.
If you are already on work permit in Germany I would not suggest to come to UK on work permit. If anyway you wants to work in UK think about HSMP.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/09/06 22:05 en respuesta a GnR GnR.
Hi M.K
thanks for the reply. It was a backup plan to know about the workpermit, in case am asked about it next week in London. SO i am tryin to get the info and make it easier for the company.
I think 3-6 months is a long time. I am 31, so am not sure about the HSMP points, etc etc.
Can anybody shed some more info, as this company is something which i was looking for and I dont want to miss the chance because of some work permit related issues.
Awating your feedbacks
GnR
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/06 0:19 en respuesta a GnR GnR.
Hi GnR,

processing times vary, normally it's about three weeks if the company starts it, but normally it takes about 1 day to fill the formular and then they give it to the lawyers who fast-track it for your in Croydon. You can hire the lawyers yourself, and they can rule everything with the company, filling the forms, which is the main hurdle for employers as they can be baffling.

It also depends on the kind of visa you get, you can easily get a MULTIPLE ENTRY WORK VISA, which lasts up to two years, but doesn't lead to settlement, (you won't get the equivalent to NE in germany). And you need to get a new one after the two years going back to your country of residency. Then comes the normal work permit visa, which leads to settlement.

There are more kinds of visas and permits, for example the Working Holiday Visa if you come from a Commonwealth country.

now you know ;-)

regards,
-a
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/06 2:12 en respuesta a GnR GnR.
more info can be found here
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1035898563790
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott