Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa Status on Contract Expiry

Alternar
Visa Status on Contract Expiry
Respuesta
12/12/08 12:57
Dear all,

Please excuse me if this has been discussed exactly the same way before, but I could not find that in the forum.

My situation is:

1) I (an asian) came to Germany in October 2005 on study visa, did part time work and studied Masters in Software Engineering which finished in March 2007.

2)I got full time job started in July 2007 with a 2 year contract ending in July 2008. The visa (given in Baden württemberg) for this job was given me untill July 2010 (1 year longer than the contract end date). It was under $18 stating, "Beschäftigung gem. § §27 Nr.3 BeschV als Software Engineer bei Fa. --- erlaubt."

3) Now, Recently I had to get a new passport from my homeland, for which today I went to KVR München to transfer this visa to the new passport. They trasnfered it nicely until the same date of validity, i.e July 2010 after charging me 10 Euros but what I did not liked is, they changed the work related statement in the second page of visa. Now it is :

AUFENTHALTERLAUBNIS: §18 AufenthG

Unselbeständige Beschäftigung gem. §27 Nr. 3 BeschV als Software Engineer bei XYZ GmbH (company address) im Bezirk der Arbeitsagentur München.
Der Aufenthaltstitel erlischt mit Beendigung der og.Beschäftigung. Selbständige Tätigkeit nicht gestattet.

Which clearly says that my visa will expire on end of employement which is worrying me. Although my current contract ends on 7th July 2009, I am a bit worried if I dont get new contract untill that time(although I am working hardly on it) .

My questions are (If I dont get a new job on expiration of my current contract) :

1) Will i get any extension in VISA of any type after my current employement ends to look for another job? If so, how long it can be? Is it on a chance that KVR may or may not will give me a short Fiktionbeschienigung of 3-6 months or I could assume that I will get some extension atleast?

2) Will the Arbietlosgeld depend on extension of VISA? and only untill that time that (if) the extension i will get?

3) If I dont get a an extension of this type, do i have any other option to stay (or get any other visa) in Germany? Or I must pack up and get a return flight?

Many thanks for reading my long post and your valuable replies!
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Visa Status on Contract Expiry
Respuesta
12/12/08 13:28 en respuesta a Dee Jay.
@sensitive007:

1. Extension of VISA in case you are not able to find another job, depends upon the visa officer. But in most cases they give a 3 months visa (Fiktionbeschienigung).
2. Yes, Arbietlosgeld depends upon the Visa.

3. Other options to stay, for example, Marry a German etc etc. According to your visa, it becomes invalid on the first day when you are out of job, so in case you do not get an extension, you need to leave Germany.

I hope you will get a new job before the end of your current contract. Good Luck
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott