Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Change of University and Residence Permit

Alternar
Hi all, I need help with the following question:

Let's say I have applied for a German Student Visa with the Acceptance Letter of a Masters program from University "A", but then when I get in Germany I want to register and study in University "B" (because at the time of applying for the Visa the application results from University "B" weren't available). Is that possible? and if so, should I simply go to the Ausländerbehörde of the city of University "B" and explain the situation or is not as simple as that?

Best regards and many thanks in advance
Jacuna
0 (0 Votos)

RE: Change of University and Residence Permit
Respuesta
30/07/12 8:06 en respuesta a Javier A.
Few years ago it was simple, you go to Auslanderbehorde and tell them that you want to change to course of study, and they use to change it. couple of my friends did. They changed from University A, course A to University B course B. I am not sure about the changes in last 4 or 5 years.
+1 (1 Voto)

Respuesta
30/07/12 9:48 en respuesta a Ans Sargana.
Yes, It should be possible. Just go to Auslanderbehörde and explain your situations to them as sargana said. 

Good Luck!
+1 (1 Voto)

Respuesta
30/08/12 17:20 en respuesta a Vishal Patel.
Hello all, thank you very much for your answers. I still have a question though:

To which Ausländerbehörde should I go?? Should I go to the one that originally gave me my Visum (Dresden), or should I go to the Ausländerbehörde of the city of the University that I want to study now (Darmstadt)??

Many thanks in advance
Cheers!
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3